3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals

just installed sylvia sylverstar turn signals for the front headlamps. they look kinda blue clear but give off amber light when on. they were $9.99 at o'rileys for the pair. they really clear up the looks of the lamp...when turned on they give a darker amber color which imo looks better. so they make the housing look better when off and on sorry for the crappy pics....also, j/w if anyone has these, if not and u opted for led's instead, post up YOUR pics, not the pics from some website.

also, i tried to get a pic of the amber lights on (only) while i had one stock bulb in and one new bulb but the crappy phone camera did it no justice so i deleted it....in person you can tell a difference when lit.

before

after

Old 04-04-2007, 02:48 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: turn signals

damn 14 views and no1 notices a dif?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:39 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

haha, i know, but all i had on me was my phone, if i had my digi i would have taken better pics, maybe tomorrow....but it looks a lot cleaner in person and when the lights are on, its looks nice and crisp...for a total of $10 it imo was worth it, and took 5 mins to install, just lay on your back and reach up for the wire, f takin out the lamps for a bulb replacement, i did that once and i wont do it till i get my hid kit this summer

Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya buddy! That's what I did!

Completely destroyed a plain white t-shirt of mine. :-) Well worth it though.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:15 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

well im short, therefore i have short arms....plus, you cant get to it from the top, and when i installed my silverstar (headlights) it was dark and i didnt know it was accesable from the ground....but ya, they recommend u take them out, but i wont again, till i have to this summer for the hid's....also, if someone here wants a hid kit that has the duel purpose high/low bulb i can give u a guy im going to get mine from...i know him from ls1tech which i believe is 1 of the top 10 largest forums on the web. he is also a sponsor of them

h13 hid kit is 350
fog light hid kit is 250

combo is 550

free shipping on all orders

he doesnt carry the h13 kit in stock but can get it with a weeks notice. he does have our fogs in stock 9145/9005/H10 (all the same bulb). and fyi there is a 1 year warrenty on all aspects of the kit which includs 2 bulbs, 2 ballasts, and wireing harness.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:50 AM
texanrcp
Professional

from what i can tell it looks good

Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

It does look good...much brighter. Is it showing up white or amber? It seems more white in the picture. I'd look into it, but I don't think we're allowed to have anything but amber turn signals on the front of the vehicle in PA. Cops, especially locally, are really picky about that...my friend with the Gen II Dakota got busted for that a year or so ago and they made him rip out and change his bulbs right on the side of the road.

I think I'd be more inclined to do amber LEDs when these bulbs go bad.

Quick Reply: turn signals