3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What Mod Next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:53 PM
nowick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mod Next?

I am itchin to do some mods to my truck 4.7HO . So fars it has a K&N cold air intake. I doa lot of towing and looking for something to to give me some more low end power. on the highway she runs great around town she is a little on the slow side. I was thinking exhaust (gibson single side) or magnaflow. I dont want pipes out the back bcause exhaust soot may end up on my boats.chip? whats the deal with this fastman tb is it 180 and a 80 return for a core? Does anyone have it and noticed a gain? Do you have down time while he is machining it or do you just send back yours when you get the new one??

Old 04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
mb18
Record Breaker
Default RE: What Mod Next?

I would think you'd want to do the exhaust next, then a JetChip or t-stat.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:18 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you have the k/n you need the exhaust next. i went with the imco 3 inch single from cat back. removed both resonators and the low end grunt was fantastic. had great neck snapping shifting. as far as the fastman i went with the 70 mm because of the cam kit. you will be fine with the regular 68. no down time. when you order it he sends it out and gives you 1 month to exchange the factory one. about a 1/2 hour install. but before you start make sure you have the correct torx driver. nothing on these trucks are a simple nut and bolt. also he is backed up do to an injury so when you order it may take weeks to get it.also it was a good investment.

Old 04-07-2007, 08:46 PM
nowick
Professional

superDak05what cams do you have? I heard the HO has more aggresive cams and high comp. heads is this true? Would you know where I could find info about the differences in the motors? thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have the 206 cams from www.krcperformance.com. best bang for the truck and better than any plug and play but kinda pricey 750.00 for both. you can get the h.o. cams for about 300.00 but not really worth the power. also you can go to www.allpar.com. they have write ups on all dodge motors

Old 04-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Dusty
Professional

ORIGINAL: nowick

I am itchin to do some mods to my truck 4.7HO . So fars it has a K&N cold air intake. I doa lot of towing and looking for something to to give me some more low end power. on the highway she runs great around town she is a little on the slow side. I was thinking exhaust (gibson single side) or magnaflow. I dont want pipes out the back bcause exhaust soot may end up on my boats.chip? whats the deal with this fastman tb is it 180 and a 80 return for a core? Does anyone have it and noticed a gain? Do you have down time while he is machining it or do you just send back yours when you get the new one??
What gears do you have? I'd look into this next.
Yes, the fastman is definatly worth it, I tested it in the 1/4 and it dropped the truck .2 consecuativly. Nice torque gains.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 PM
nowick
Professional

I got the 3.92 gears