3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

chime help

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chime help

ok, im at my computer, truck is 10 min walk away, its raining, dont feel like going and getting my manual. a ram thread in gen 3 got me thinkin about this

i already turned off my seatbelt chime....can i turn off the chime that goes when the drivers door is open? here, ill just quote what the guy said. thanks

except i have an 06 dakota quad cab

Hey I have a 2004 2500 quad cab. Does anyone know how to turn off the door chime with the key in ACC (to listen to stereo)and the door open? Very annoying.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
BAnders
Veteran
Default RE: chime help

i did that on my truck,all i did was pull the buzzer out. it was located above the fuse panel right by the flasher cylinders or whatever they are called

Old 04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my dad's ram we would just stick a piece of tape over the little push switch that tells it the door is open if we wanted to listen to the radio with the doors open. Not a very permanent solution but it works. Alternatively if you pull the switch out you could probably wire another switch up to it such that if your switch is off that one works as normal and if your switch is on the computer will think that switch is activated whether the door is open or not. (If that doesn't make sense to you just let me know and I'll clarify tomorrow when I haven't been awake for way too long)

Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
ThunderStick
Rookie

I have resorted to using a nail to trip the driver side door latch closed when the door is open. The truck thinks the door is closed and you can play your sound system without the annoying ding, ding, ding. However, you must remember to "open" the door before taking off. Otherwise, Bang! You get my meaning?

I too, would like to learn how to turn off the seatbelt and door chime. I'm sure there's a sequence that can do that. Who knows it ?

Old 04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional

to disable your seatbelt chime:

1 - not sure if your truck needs to be running for a minute first, so for the hell of it, start your truck, and then turn it off.
2 - turn your key to the accessory position, and you'll see the little red seat-belt reminder light "guy" on ur dashboard
3 - within ten seconds, connect and disconnect your seat belt three times
4 - after the third time, you should hear a single chime, indicating that the reminder system has been disabled

there's a much more detailed explanation of this somewhere in these posts, and it's also in the owners manual
it's the first 'mod' i did to my truck... lol

Quick Reply: chime help