DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-68/)
-   -   Want real world input. Jet Chip. (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota/102228-want-real-world-input-jet-chip.html)

Frenchy 04-14-2007 05:42 PM

Want real world input. Jet Chip.

Ok, I'm looking into finally getting one of these little buggers Stage 2.

I want to know what mods you have, if you installed the chip after the other mods. Because I currently have K&N 63 and dual flows... putting in the cooler stat Tuesday...

What are mileage differences? Like, highway mileage, if you don't romp on it, was there a noticeable increase or decrease in mileage?

I really don't care about in town driving mileage.. as I hardly ever drive in town. And when I do, I get like 10mpg as is. So, like I said, I really don't care about the in town mileage.... I just want to know what to expect performance and mileage wise...

I also am looking into getting an electric fan as well. :-)

ericemery 04-14-2007 10:16 PM

RE: Want real world input. Jet Chip.

well, french dip... I dont have a stage 2, but I do have a stage 1. My mileage is about the same... I lost a little in town, but thats prolly due to other variables. I did gain throttle response, which was needed badly.

I have t stat, exhaust, and intake... I say its worth it, but its not my moolah.

trucky 04-15-2007 12:05 AM

i kinda want to add onto that i have the same mods as frenchy but what kind of fan are you looking at? its gonna be hard to fit one thats worth anything i would think...

Frenchy 04-15-2007 02:33 AM

I dunno man, a lot of people have switched to electric fans... I don't know which one they switched to, but I know it's been done...

Night_Runner 04-15-2007 06:22 PM

ive gave my opinion on chips before, and ill give it again....personally, i woudnt put a chip in my truck, or any of my vehicles for that matter. your better off imo gettin some LTs (if they have them out for our trucks) exhaust (which u have), some type of high flow air induction (which i think u already have), cam, and all the little things to go with it...if u want some real power, and have the money for it, go to a shop and have a custome sc or turbo built ect and get it dynotuned......u may have to travel to get a good tune though.......maybe the reason im so pro active for dynotuning, (which i believe someone of a few of u kind of said it wasnt worth it) is because Ed Wright is here in tulsa and is one of the best in the nation...

superdak05 04-15-2007 06:30 PM

i can say that before my cams the chip was a benefit. but if you go with the stage 2 you will need the 180 stat. also look at the price of gas in your area. stage 2 requirers 93 octane for optimal gains. i am kicking my self now because the 93 in ct, is between 3.30 and 3.50 a gallon. looking into a 4 banger to goto work and back in. i have the k/n 63 with the 3 inch catback. the chip helped out a lot with the low end grunt.but wait and get the fastman tb. this will be an improvement until gas is cheaper. as far as mileage was getting 360/380 to a tank 21/22 on the highway and 17/18 around town try relocating your iat sensor first. this will boost more power out of engine.

Frenchy 04-16-2007 01:53 AM

I'm actually looking into roller rockers right now...

For myself I'm gonna look into starting there..

superdak05 04-16-2007 03:47 AM

forget the roller rockers we already have either 1.7 or 1.8 i cant remember. but when my cams were installed i did not need to move up in size.

Frenchy 04-16-2007 04:16 AM

Are they rollers though? Or are they not? I'd really like to have rollers....

How can I go about finding out, if you don't recall?

superdak05 04-16-2007 05:37 AM

normal flat tappet rockers. dont know if the rollers will work with out swapping out the valve covers. they might be to high