3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Oil Filters

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Filters

Okay so I'm switching to Synthetic right...well I'm looking at autoanything.com and apparently K&N makes a oil filter...just wondering if anyone has used it before?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Default RE: Oil Filters

i havent...i use mobile 1 for everything

Old 04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
tcv
Rookie

The best oil filter currently on the market is Amsoils EaO oil filter (EaO stands for Absolute Efficient). When used with synthetic oil they are rated at 98.7% efficient at 15 microns and have a normal service life of 25,000 miles or one year.

Tom

Old 04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

curtiplas, search "BITOG" or "Bob is the Oil Guy" in google. It should give you the BITOG forum. These guys know everything about oil, filter, and have complete guides with the break down of every filter and oil on the market. The best two on the market, Mobil 1 synthetic Extended Perfomance, and Amsoil, and both there long life filters. I feel like they have tests from Labs that will show you how well these two sythetics perform. Most others are no good for extended drains, like royal purplel, and castrol. I have been changing my mobil 1 about every 10k miles for quite a few cars with high mileage and good sucess.

Oh they also revealed FRAM oil fitlers as junk, because they use cardboard as filter media caps in there oil fitlers, and everyone else uses metal. I guess the fram filters have been related to dry startups and pre mature failure.

There sort of a bunch of freaks over there but they will teach you more then you ever wanted to know.

Quick Reply: Oil Filters