3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2005 dakota r/t clone

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:22 AM
scottscan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 dakota r/t clone

Old 05-01-2007, 12:24 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

i swear im lookin in the mirror...beautiful ride

Old 05-01-2007, 12:29 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my truck takes a 3157 irrc. or was it 3357. i dunno I bought them at canadian tire over a year ago. they are more of a blue bulb.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM
trucky
Record Breaker

is this what we are looking for? http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_d...0980C1977.aspx

Old 05-01-2007, 01:54 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: trucky

is this what we are looking for? http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_d...0980C1977.aspx
those wont fit, just look at them and the years....97s wont fit our truck...u want these

just got to www.lundinternational.com then in the "enter parts number" type 33440 then select make/model ect

Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 AM
trucky
Record Breaker

night runnerrrrrrr you go to options and choose the 05-up model man...they are there look again

Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Wow I love your truck... now I have to idol trucks...nightrunner and scottscan... I hate you both for your beautiful trucks. I really like those tailight covers too... I kinda like them better than mine... I also really like that speed grille, I think Nightrunner should definitely go with the speed grille vs. the Billet grille.

Scottscan, did you say you painted ur stock grille?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: trucky

night runnerrrrrrr you go to options and choose the 05-up model man...they are there look again
ah, ok i found it...for the same price, id rather pick them up at autozone then have them shipped...if autozone doesnt have it in stock, or o'rileys, they can get it in a day or two...like i said, id rather pick it up there with no shipping costs and be able to inspect them before i take them....

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

Wow I love your truck... now I have to idol trucks...nightrunner and scottscan... I hate you both for your beautiful trucks. I really like those tailight covers too... I kinda like them better than mine... I also really like that speed grille, I think Nightrunner should definitely go with the speed grille vs. the Billet grille.

Scottscan, did you say you painted ur stock grille?
thanks for the compliments....i know the speed grill got A LOT more votes, but the more i look at the black billet with 10 bars in each kidney (section) the more i like it....the more i look at the black speed grill, the more i think it just looks alright....the speed grill def looks much better in chrome or brushed or polished aluminum....as for the taillights, that is a def for me, i just want to get the fire&ice first....ive wanted it for a while, and thanks to scottscan, im convinced....im still lookin for a real billet 3rd brake light cover that i like....that i will have painted to match the truck...

the only thing i catch myself wondering is, when i do get a grill, how will i release the hood latch? i dont want to rig up some crap...i may have to cut a little square in the grill...some ive seen are shaped around for access to the latch, some are not

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on the billet grill

Where did you find that btw?

Old 05-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?i...BGR01&c=EX

that is the link to where i found the grill, it is made by Precision Design

or u can go to Precision Designs page...this is the only grill they make for our trucks and are actually 2 pieces, not 4..

go to http://www.precisiongrilles.com

select year, make, model, then click select....it will give you 1 option and its like "classic billet"...it wont show a pic of it on our dakotas, but thats the same grill, i checked the part numbers....they dont make it in a black though...that means POWDERCOAT!!!!!!!!!! that is the only grill ive seen for our trucks with 10 bars in each kidney, this i feel gives a better look than others

Quick Reply: 2005 dakota r/t clone