3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance

Okay so I got my Cold Air Intake installed... K&N 77 series...looks good sounds good... and I got my exhaust done at a shop saturday... I didn't get mandrel bent pipes though because they wanted twice the price and I don't think I'd get much of a power gain vs. the reg pipes... they took off all the mufflers and stuff they fabed their own pipes...they did single straight pipes put an Xlerator mufler on... they said they were gonna do a magnaflow but they put this one on...they said it was the same design as a magnaflow...but not as loud...as they know I'm looking more for perfomance than sound... anyway I have a few qeustions....

1.) So with my CAI, when I take my foot of the gas I hear it kinda spool down... Is is supposed to make a sound like that when you let off the gas?

2.) Has anyone heard of this Xlerator brand... I mean I like the way it sounds...not too much cab noise...and not too lound but loud enough you know its there... is the muffler any good?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Casper50
Veteran
Default RE: Performance

1. Yes, that is a normal sound. My last car did that on accel and decel.

2. From what I have heard it is a pretty decent brand. If you want some more info on them here is the website. www.goerlichs.com

Old 04-30-2007, 04:56 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

I was hopin to get some more people to chime in on this, but thanks casper50!

Old 04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i havent heard of them, but i wouldnt worry about it...as for the cai, it did that on my v6 ram as well, no biggy....shoot, you should hear the induction from the ram air on the hawk...talk about a lot of air comin in...

[IMG]local://upfiles/46457/36F2EF101B3049CCA01396A1CD4DF036.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Holy crap is that huge block just to the right of the center of the compartment the air filter?... That thing is HUGE!

Quick Reply: Performance