3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

removed my level kit today

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:42 AM
gatruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed my level kit today

removed my level kit today and every snap, crackle, and pop problem I had with the front end are gone! this was the kit that was discontinued... everything was tight as I had a hell of a time getting that thing off! oh well...

when we finally get some aftermarket shocks for our trucks I will probably get the new level kit and do it all over again...

Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Cuban11182
All Star
Default RE: removed my level kit today

which leveling kit did you have?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:24 AM
LB
Veteran

Did you have the old Trailmaster kit? IF so, check your spacers and see if they have a hole in the center like in the new instructions on TM website. If so just install them per the new directions and throw away the long bolts. Only thing is make sre the strut shaft has the washers on the top of the threaded shaft.

If installed correctly it should be woderful! sorry to hear your bad expercience.

I would call TM tech support and ask them how big the hole needs to be to make sure before teardown.

LB

Old 05-01-2007, 02:27 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This kit (tm)would be really nice w/a longer, stiffer,aftermarket coil-over, if they made one. They will eventually... but what if the 2008 suspension is different? Will we be "left in the aftermarket cold?"

Old 05-01-2007, 05:03 PM
gatruck

Yep... old TM kit. Looks like it would fit per the new instructions but the hole does look a bit smaller through the middle. I will give them a call for sure.

I agree rookie... I really love my truck but I have a feeling we will never see a lot of aftermarket goodies.

Quick Reply: removed my level kit today