3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

steering electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Vindaloo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering electrical problem

I did a search, and could not find anything about this. I also checked the RECALLS and TSB's but nothing.

We are having an issue with my mothers 05 Dakota (V8 laramie). She will be driving it, and all the electronics in the truck will shut off, and not work, but if you mess with the tilt column it will start working again. It has already been to the dealer once for this. They said it was just a loose connector but it has not even been a month and it is doing it again.

Has anyone else encountered this? We finally got the AIRBAG LIGHT fixed after 9 visits to the shop, and now this.

Also, does anyone know how the connector is done? I know in my Oldsmobile that the connector for the steering column is SCREWED TOGETHER, so there is no chance of it coming loose unless it is tampered with. Is the Dakota the same way?

Thanks.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:49 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: steering electrical problem

i beieve the tilt messes with a wiring harness and it needs to be fixed at a dealer, thats what ive heard

Old 05-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Vindaloo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: steering electrical problem

Well. Since the last time mom had it in the shop, she has been the ONLY one to drive this truck. She has not adjusted the steering column at all.

It has come loose in 3 weeks with her being the only driver. I know this can't happen in GM, so why is it happening in her truck?

Quick Reply: steering electrical problem