3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:52 PM
rotormunky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Audio Controls

Hi All,

Hoping for a little information and advice...

I bought my baby used so didn't get to order her the way I'd like.

One thing I just feel I HAVE to have is steering wheel mounted audio controls. I know, I'm weird, but I've had them before and just WANT them.

Anyway, my understanding is these controls are pretty much enabled on all the head units. I have the standard single disc w/ AUX jack. Can anyone confirm or deny this (preferably w/ a picture of the back of the unit)? My understanding is that the plug is there on the unit which means I'd need the wiring harness and wheel and/or controls themselves.

The wiring harness is no prob, even if a PITA to run. But can anyone make a suggestion on getting ahold of steering wheel w these controls? PREFERABLY is it possinble to buy the back side of the wheel w/ the controls in it? I can't imagine dodge uses two diff steering wheels right? If I could just get the rear facing portion...

Anyway, if anyone has some of these for sale or knows of a decently affordable way to accomplish the task (I'd be happy w/ aftermarket stuff if I could find it) I'd apprecaite it.

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Steering Wheel Audio Controls

i would stick with the factory option. find a truck that has the controls you are looking for and take down the vin and see what the service dept. can come up with.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering Wheel Audio Controls

yeah I believe there was a post like this about a month or so ago... you might wanna try searching for it... I don't really remember what the outcome was.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Audio Controls