3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lift block question

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Hunterdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift block question

Hey all I'm new here and just had a couple of quick questions. I've been reading about using the rear lift blocks in the back, what size U bolts do you need and where did you get them? I have the 9.25' rear diff on a 2005 club cab if that makes a difference. From what I can tell the bolts are 1/2' but the only ones long enoughi could find locally are 9/16', is it possible or wise to try to use them maybe by just reeming out the holes if necessary? Thanks.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:44 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lift block question

I have 2" lift blocks on my 06. (paired with 2" spacers for the front) It came as a kit, from autozone. If you have an autozone they have any size block/u-bolt combo kit you could want. Fit like a glove. Ive moved a few 1,000lbs loads with it and its solid, and strong. I'm not sure there exact size now, because they have been on the truck for a while. I know they had alot of slack to spare, so I needed a deep socket 19mm (thats the nut size, and it needs to be deep socket because of the slack in the u-bolt) So the tools needed would be a 1/2" drive with a deep 19mm, and an 18" or greater breaker bar/tq wrench.

The kits come with the nuts washers and hardware needed to bolt it all up, about $25. Its a good kit, not cheap stuff.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
keachers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lift block question

autozone has lift/lowring block kits. I had both the 3 and the 2 inch blocksand i had them stacked to lower the rear of my old s10 and they were long enough and solid enough i even hauled a 4 wheeler in the back for a few weeks with no problems.

Quick Reply: Lift block question