3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

i hate imports........

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
graythang
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i hate imports........

Yep a misprint. The 4.7 was and is a V8. I-tech series. Its the V8 Lexus engine. Its a very smooth engine. My Brother-in-law is in his secound Tundra with a 4.7 and get 16.5 mpg on reg gas and never had an engine issue. He does have brake issues and ballance issues.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: graythang

The jack is a POS and so is the location. I had a flat on Gray I and in the rain on the side of I-95 at rush hour. Freaking insane situation. I wish I had a Alum. service jack to roll under the truck that day. The 16" TRX wheel & tire is very heavy. It’s a wonder the ball joints hang in there. I have a friend with a Ford F-250 and he has front-end problems all the time because his aftermarket tire/wheel is way heaver than stock. The components take a beating. OTH a 20" alloy sport wheels & low profile tires weigh like nothing compared to stock.
Let me tell you how ****ty those jacks are. I had my truck in my apartment complex, I was fighting with the jack (BTW, use a 3/4" socket with the 1/2 rachet, that'll make the process faster), got the wheel off, took it to Les Schwab, came back, started to put the tire on and the damn jack rolled forward and the truck dropped onto the rotor. Luckily, it didn't do any damage.

It was my mistake for not putting something under the truck, but I've never had that problem before. I need a hydraulic jack, or even a hydraulic lift....

Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
rick4dak
Veteran

I had a flat on a rear tire last week. The jack didn't fail but the alloy wheel was stuck to a rusted brake drum. It took a 270 lb friend to kick it loose (at the risk of dropping it off the jack). No tool was effective at prying it off.
Sears has a jack that I used to carry in my '02 Dak that I'm going to buy and carry in my '05.
It would be advisable for you-all to take your back wheels off and WD40 where they meet the drum before you are in the situation that I was in.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Good idea on the WD40. I just rotated my tires and had no problem BUT I have aftermarket AR custom wheels and did do the WD40 on the rear drums.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 AM
swampy

isaw the same tundra that i started the thread about stuck in a ditch this evening, it tickled me todeath.............................Swampy

Old 06-06-2007, 01:53 AM
swampy

yeah it has been raining for the past two weeks, pretty heavy for the past couple of days, plus the ditches are pretty deep around here on a dryday with now water or mud about 5 feet, the thing that made it even more amusing was that the dude was so full of himself and his truck that he must have been messing with someone and he forgot that that particular driveway was pretty narrow..................................gotta love louisiana......................Swampy

Quick Reply: i hate imports........