3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

custom front spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:10 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default custom front spacers

I dont remember 100% but wasnt someone designing there own thicker spring spacer for the front end of our dakotas? If so, how did that work out? I need another 0.5-1" of lift in the front end of my truck, and if new spacers could pull off a true 2" or 2.5-3" of lift, Id be willing to pay someone to ship me a set they created.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:41 AM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: custom front spacers

I'm tryin' to get mine tore apart again, so I can put the bigger spacers on. I already wasted hours putting the firstone on. Now I gotta free up another four to six hours (something always goes wrong). I got them made already, there not pretty, but they'll work. I figure I'll need 100 bux to make you a custom one(as long as it works).The bolts from thetm kit will work, but good luck getting a reputable shop to put on a homade lift kit for you.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bolts? The right way to install the tm kit on a 4x4 doesn't use the bolts they give you. Go grab the new instructions from their site. Installing it the old way on a 4x4 that's used for off-roading can supposedly cause axle problems.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mines installed the old way. I never understood why the new way is better, I feel the old way is better. Hmmmmm. Oh well. Yeah if it works I know a guy who can put them in if I dont feel up to it. This little VW shop that works on old VWs. They have guys there that will do ANYTHING you want. They got the tools and know how too.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the information I've read the old way causes the suspension to go down further when the shocks are at full extension putting a lot more strain on the axle because it's a greater angle. That's why it doesn't matter on the 2wd's. By installing it the new way and preloading the springs the suspension will still only go down as far at full extension as it did stock.

Quick Reply: custom front spacers