3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 12:59 AM
slaterracing
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust question

OK i am a noob here. My wife and i just got an 07 dakota 4X2 with the 4.7 V8. I am wanting to put dual exhast on it but since this is mainly the wifes truck i do not want it to be loud. A little louder than stock is OK but not much. Any ideas for a single in dual out muffler that is not much louder than stock? Thanks for the help.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 AM
swampy
Default RE: exhaust question

i wish i could be of more help, but you can check your local muffler shop, tell them what you are looking for and they can sometimes get it done for you for cheap,well that is what i did at first, but then i ended up getting a magnaflow 1 in 2 out system, plenty of possibilities man....

Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 AM
slaterracing

ORIGINAL: ericemery

well... the only problem I see is the fact that even a tame flowmaster setup is louder than stock. Noticably louder. I would also go to a muffler shop and see what they say...
Ya i have flowbee's on my mustang and i love them but do not think the wife would like the sound.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah I wanted performance and not much extra sound... I went to a shop...they fabed all the pipes for me and I got a Striaght Pipe single exhasut with a goerlich Xlerator muffler... I mean its basicaly an off brand Magnaflow... I haven't heard anything bad about them and I love it... oh they only left one resonator on too... near the cat... I didn't change the diameter of the pipes... so they're still 2.5... and it only cost me about $150... only problem is I didn't get Mandrel bent and the muffler is only 1 in and 1 out... hope this helps...but I recomend going to a shop and seeing what they say just like eric and swampy.

Quick Reply: exhaust question