3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Redneck style

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 PM
niftyguy239
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redneck style

The shroud that covers the front end of the truck which funnels the air through the radiator, is it important enough to have? I just feel it's keeping the heated air in and not allowing colder fresher air in.

So, I took the rubber/cardboard/paper shroud on the right side of the radiator off. I used theintake tube that went into the botom of the old air box attached it to theright upper side of the radiator andran a 2" tubewith direct access to the cold air outside. I kept the old air box,installedthe newchrome intake tube and high-flow filtercut anew whole big enough to fit the new filter throughthe top part of the lid. Then ran the tubefrom the port to themodified old air box. I'll post pics when I can find my camera........

This is the redneck "cheap" way of making a CAI. The only thingmissing is the duck tape. I'll post pics and stats after I get my new exhaust which is scheduled to be installed next week duirng my break from work.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redneck style

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 06-08-2007, 09:55 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an airaid intake kit and I have been trying to figure out a way to remove the plastic pipe that goes from the air box to the fender and replace it with a y pipe and have one pipe go to the fender like the original and hook another pipe and have it get air from the cutout in the bumper where the tow hooks stick out. There are so many things in the way though the windshield washer tank and the radiator overflow tank. Interested in pictures of what you did.

Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what i did wsa remove the black tar paper that surronds the washer tank and just let the cool air flow in. seems better and still reflects the water away during the rain storm.

Quick Reply: Redneck style