3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

more body lift pics of my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 PM
texasbluedak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: more body lift pics of my truck

Can you please list all the companies and part numbers you used for the leveling kit and body lift? Awesome look!! Me, you, and Monkey need to keep in touch with the different things found for our trucks. We seem to be going in the same direction with the build of our trucks. Do they make a 33x12.5x16? Would that do away with some of the rub issuses you are talking about? Once again, awesome looking truck. Also, will try to put the picks up of the front of my truck that someone was asking for. I hade grill and a rock/bug protector done with Line-X and it turned out nice, at least I think so! Thanks!

Old 06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
klxstiffler

The level kit is the Truxx kit. You can order from their site or Hammerhead 4x4 on ebay is cheaper, i made him a lower off and they took it. The body lift is the only one made for our trucks by Performance Accessories. I got it for around $235 off ebay but it took like 3 weeks to get it so you might email to check stock first. a 33x12.5x16 would be the same overall size but just for a smaller rim.
a 265/75/16 would work without rub but is about 1" shorter overall. the rub i had wasn't bc of the width of the tire or backspacing of the wheel, but bc of the tire just being a little to tall and would hit on edge of front bumper and inner fender. also hit the front splash gaurds the worst where they flare out right in front of front doors.

procompwheels.com has a great conversion tool to calculate tire size's

if you could find a 285/70 or 275/75
those would both be good sizes. i think firestone makes a 275/75/16 or 17 in their destination at

Old 06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
swampy

nice truck

Old 06-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Bionicrooster
Professional

What kind of grill is that and where did you get it ? your truck is awesome looking btw.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:00 AM
klxstiffler

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

What kind of grill is that and where did you get it ? your truck is awesome looking btw.
i got the grill of ebay. it was like 70 plus shipping. it looks good but the fasteners that they sent with it were real cheesy and one of the welds broke but you cant tell with the hood closed. i would get a more expensive one if could do it again.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
texasbluedak

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. I'll look up the prices and see what the level kit is running. Monkey, if you read this can you tell me what you paid for your TM leveling kit, if you don't mind? Then I can compare. Monkey posted an ebay add for a guy selling his Dak. Nice looking and I like his tire size, just not the Kelly tires. I want something aggressive looking like yours without some super swampers! He said his were 255x85Rx16. So I guess that should be my minimum size up to your size. I have no way of doing any of this myself, but there is a Big Sky suspension shop about 5 miles away, going to ask them how much they charge to do it all. Thanks again!

Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: texasbluedak

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it. I'll look up the prices and see what the level kit is running. Monkey, if you read this can you tell me what you paid for your TM leveling kit, if you don't mind? Then I can compare. Monkey posted an ebay add for a guy selling his Dak. Nice looking and I like his tire size, just not the Kelly tires. I want something aggressive looking like yours without some super swampers! He said his were 255x85Rx16. So I guess that should be my minimum size up to your size. I have no way of doing any of this myself, but there is a Big Sky suspension shop about 5 miles away, going to ask them how much they charge to do it all. Thanks again!
I paid a little under $90 for my TM kit from AutoAnything.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:26 PM
biggun

Quick Reply: more body lift pics of my truck