3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What tranny do I have? can I firm shifts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
rick4dak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What tranny do I have? can I firm shifts?

The difference detween the two Transgo kits are - one is designed for do-it-yourselfers and has all of the gaskets necessary for the install. The other one is designed for trans shops who have the gaskets in stock.
I got this information directly from Transgo tech support over the phone and posted it in another thread a few weeks ago.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: fbnzippy

Both me and My wife drive it.
That's probably why you don't like the shifts. I had complained to the shop manager at my local dealership when I was having warranty work done that the shifting was slow and not snappy enough. He asked me if more than one person drove my truck, when I told him I'd recently gotten it from my grandfather he said to reset the computer by leaving the battery unplugged.

His explanation was that the computer attempts to make a shifting profile that is suited to the driver and how they drive the truck, go easy on it and it tries for easy, smooth shifts. Drive it like a maniac and it should try to shift for power. He said if two people regularly drive the truck it gets confused and tries to make a program that suits both people but if they have different driving styles you end up with shift patterns that are a compromise at best or just plain hated by both at worst.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 AM
LB
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, that is the third response I have heard regarding the differences. I have seen the contents of both kits and neither come with any pan gaskets, that is the only gasket you may need. I think the transgo Tech's don't have their **** together!

Here is picture of one kit, I don't have a picture of the -HD2 kit but it does not have gaskets either.
LB

[IMG]local://upfiles/30378/E7F9601D365F454F907445B120A39820.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: What tranny do I have? can I firm shifts?