3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

WE NEED aftermarket stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:02 PM
mikset
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jimbu
DO NOT buy from any company that has any connection to either Aim Industries or Airbagit. Here is a summery with my problems with the way they do business.

Problem: (Product Name: Lowering kit for a 2007 Dodge Dakota) The lowering kit is defective. When I make a hard left or right turn something comes in contact with the wheel rim and is chewing up the metal. My first contact to resolve the problem I was told that they knew what to do to correct the defect and would send the part shortly. The part came, was installed and did not correct the problem. The company now says it is not there problem and refuses to accept any responsibility. I am concerned as the structure of the wheels are being compromised due to the metal being chewed away every time I make a sharp turn. I have been over a year trying to get this resolved. Then other problems arose which I was sent 3 defective parts to correct.(They refused to send the parts unless I paid for them) I told them it was costing me big bucks to install there defective parts and to make sure the next one was not defective. It was still defective! Every time I would apply the brakes the front end would shutter terrible, when I would hit the smallest bump the front end would bottom out. I finally took off all there parts and had the suspension put back to stock and now have no problems. They refuse to pay my out of pocket expenses and told me to not call them again.

My only way to get them to pay is small claims court. My expenses exceed $3,000.00 and I live in calif. They are in Mesa Arizona! The small claims in that state is $2,500.00 Max. $2,500.00 + plane fair,eats,hotel room and time away from work does not make that feasiable. The struts they kept sending me I could pull out and push in with very little efort so I know they are defective! The pro's at the front end shop that did the installation told me the same thing. This company is BAD,BAD news.
Jim

Dude that sucks, I feel your pain. That's why I will never buy a mod without first doing a lot of research. If I research a mod that has maybe a 50-50 good/bad opinion from others that have bought it and it doesn't live up to my expectations, at least I can accept the fact that I kind of stuck my neck out by getting it. I'm sure there are plenty of companies out there that only care about getting the order, after that it's not their problem. These forums are a great place to research that stuff. Sounds like the bastards kind of have you by the short hairs.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:24 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just sent scott at superchips another email, stating they can come and get my truck for a couple of weeks for testing. lets see if they get back intouch with me

Old 10-30-2008, 03:53 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SUPERCHIPS 3815 is now available for the 1999-2007 4.7L Dodge Ram/Dakota & Durango...

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
word on the street is hypertech is working on a tune for the 4.7... Not the 08, the previous version...

And its getting close
whoa snap!!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:41 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well actually the word is...

HYPERTECH is out and currently available for the 2008 4.7L and they are said to be working on the older 4.7L's.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 AM
snipingdude
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR RAM
Well actually the word is...

HYPERTECH is out and currently available for the 2008 4.7L and they are said to be working on the older 4.7L's.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Lets hope so...maybe they're max energy tuner will net a bit more....*sigh*

Old 08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
jimbu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stay away from Aim Industries AKA air baggit

Old 08-10-2010, 12:02 AM
dakotajerry
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email these guy at HPuners. They been saying Dodge support soon for about a year now . Maybe they will step it up if they get enough request. Alot of tuner shops use this software. Iv'e been using it for 5 years. Great scanning and tuning program. email them At support@hptuners.com.

Quick Reply: WE NEED aftermarket stuff...