3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

hows level/lift DAKS holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:54 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hows level/lift DAKS holding up?

Billcat you can argue that it makes the truck more capable offroad. The front end is just to low for alot of conditions. The front simply sitting higher is just an advantage for off the pavement. The 2" blocks for the rear are smart for off-roaders because we have that damn fuel tank that sits a little low under the frame, so jacking the back up a bit is cheap insurance for the person finding new spots for hunting, fishing, or just trailing for fun.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:50 AM
moosehunter
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, here's my review...

Lots of peoples that seen my Dak's before and after are saying wow... Other than my wife!!! Anyway the look as totally change since the TM level kit was installed. The ride, will a little stiffer but got use to it, the front catching more wind, 1st day impression and now OK. MPG is the same no change as some where saying that if I lift the front, more wind catching mean more MPG, NOT.

Took the truck for service yesterday and asked the Dodge Mecanic to have a special look at the front to make sure everything was holding and said that it was great and shouldn't wear more because of the level kit... Told me to be only carefull if I notice something wrong in the front and take my truck to another dealer, they might say that my warranty is not covering, He said that their shop will cover in anyway cause they modify vehicle everyday. (Redneck Country)

So mostly the look for me but I love it![sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 07-07-2007, 12:33 PM
fbnzippy
Rookie

With the TM kit in front, then the 2" blocks in rear, it would not be sitting level anymore, would it?? How does it look like that? I want mine higher, but hate the nose down look they have stock. The thought of getting the tank up higher is pleasing though....

Old 07-07-2007, 05:24 PM
moosehunter
Professional

Well if you don't want that rack look that much get the level kit and 1 inch block and wouldn't look that bad. That might be my next move until the real body lift.

Quick Reply: hows level/lift DAKS holding up?