3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

roll pan to go on today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
OneBadKota
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: roll pan to go on today

Welcome.

I'm curious to see what it looks like on these trucks.

Roll pans are a good for putting dual exhaust through.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:42 PM
BrandonW07

I agree about the dual exhaust. It appears that there is enough room to run duals around either side of the spare then through the pan. I think I might go that rought when I do an exhaust. anyway it still isn't painted but it should still be ready for me to take home by tomorrow. This is the first of many mods I have planned for my truck and I would like to thank all of you for giving me some good ideas. next up are the lowering shackles then probably an intake.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 AM
OneBadKota
All Star

If you plan on getting or have a tonneau cover, I would recommend throwing the spare in the bed. Much easier to run the exhaust. I finally quit being lazy and moved my exhaust to exit through the roll pan. It's definately a ton easier moving exhaust where the spare was.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:38 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

if you do get a fiberglass tonneau, you need to spend some more $ and get the bedrug. and no it is not carpet, it is actually a plastic fiber that cannot be staind by oil or pretty much anything (ive had dead deer and blood all over, washed right out), battery acid wont ruin it, water wont absorb in it, it is soft and feels like carpet but tough as rocks. wont rip, if it does i believe its covered by warrenty of lifetime as long as you own it....great thing to have...i love it and my next truck(way down the road) (yes i have always had a tonneau) whether i have a tonneau or cap, i will always have a bedrug liner.

click below for pic
http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewga...g&id=38949

Old 07-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

if battery acid, bleach, oilwont hurt it, i doubt chlorine will...its also puncture resistant so if you cut it, im pretty sure its covered also they ahve a vid on bedrug.com with muratic acid being sprayed on it...along with compeditors....bedrug was unaffected. have him watch the vids on bedrug.com....thats what was the final deciding factor for me, after i watched those....

http://bedrug.com/experience/movie-acid.php
that is the link to the vid, the muratic acid is in the middle of the video

Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

hey not to get too far off topic but why do you say only if you have a fiberglass tonneau... can't I get a bedrug with a soft tonneau??? also can you still get to the hooks to tie stuff down when you have stuff in ur bed you don't want to slide all over th place?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

hey not to get too far off topic but why do you say only if you have a fiberglass tonneau... can't I get a bedrug with a soft tonneau??? also can you still get to the hooks to tie stuff down when you have stuff in ur bed you don't want to slide all over th place?
ya you can get one with a soft tonneau. and yes your hooks are still there for use. they cut a small hole in the rug and put the screws through it to attach the hooks into the bed...yes cutting the rug is very hard. the stuff is tough, you will not rip wit using a shovel. i said fiberglass because well, idk. a lot of people dont believe that a bedrug is as tough as it is but it really is. but yes it can be used with a soft tonneau. they even say it can be used without a tonneau at all. the tape they use that comes with it is VERY strong and there is a lot of tape. do not order one and install it yourself. they wipe the bed down with certian chemicals to remove all wax and all contaminants that may be resting on the paint.

it can also be removed quite easily and can be removed in sections since some sections are zippered on (you cannot tell it is more that a single piece) and the back of the zipper between your rug and paint is protected so it wont scratch anything

Old 07-19-2007, 03:44 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much did the bedrug cost N_R? I've been thinking of taking out the floor and replacing it with slats of wood for the looks... like I've got the money and time....

Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

oh, i dont remember off the top of my head. average for our trucks i would think is 350 installed. ill have to check my reciept

Quick Reply: roll pan to go on today