3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oil Filter Relocation Kit

Yeah I read that, i'm just paranoid

Old 07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
pro4x4
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fram makes a kit that replaces your oil drain plug with a valve. You unscrew the cover and screw on the hose that comes with the kit and as you screw on the hose it opens a valve and the oil runs out of the hose into your container. I have had this on my last truck and on my dakota. Its the best thing you could have for changing oil. It costs about 10 bucks I think and I have never had any problems with it.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 PM
tcv
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One nice thing about the Amsoil Dual Remote oil filter kit is that between the two filters the oil is filtered at about 1.0 micron at almost 100% efficiency. Which would be almost the same as changing the oil and filter every 2 to 4 hours that you run the engine. This is why Amsoil will warranty their oil with the Dual Remote filter system for 100,000 miles. You will have to do annual oil analysis to ensure the oil is performing correctly, but you can reduce changing the oil if you so desire.

Tom

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Relocation Kit