3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Reguarding the "Power Wire"

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:05 AM
DudeigotaDak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reguarding the "Power Wire"

Ok, i get the power wire concept, but i have a question about it.... lets say that i install a power wire inline with a switch located in the cab that i can ideally switch on or off depending if i want the additional power, wourld this mess up the computer or anything with the toggeling of the siwtch occasionally? i travel city as well as highway both about the same time and distance, i have heard from the forumsthat the "power wire" saves gas on the highway but consumes a lot more gas when useing the "power wire" during city travel..... woulda switch be a logical thing to do??

Old 07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Default RE: Reguarding the "Power Wire"

you would have to use aon/on switch not an on/off that way you where switching it bettween performance and stock.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
DudeigotaDak

ok, yes you are correct... i was not speaking in literal termsof on /off but you clearly understood what i was TRYING to say hahaha i can be such dee dee dee sometimes! but you don't think it will screw up anything tho....right???

Old 07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

no, I dont think so because it will be just like my reg and premium switch in my bird which just ups the boost

Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
DudeigotaDak

yes it does make sense.... i bet you are correct about the distance, i would not imagine i would need the wire to be more than 6 feet, so the impedience should not be all that different, but i will ohm it out just to make sure just the same

Quick Reply: Reguarding the "Power Wire"