3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Truck Rim Viewer

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:07 PM
blackdak06
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck Rim Viewer

They are the Carriage works ones (the good original billet ones) heavy alum polished. This is a pic on one of the four sections.
The Mr. Grill is the one I'm talking about. But dam, what a hassle. Not so professional sounding. I'm surprised that the heat up is there being they are a Florida CO they should know about running hot and how a grill may affect this. I'm giving it some thought now that I read your post. On their Web site they don't show your grill, how did you even know that it existed by them? They seem a bit of a MA/PA opp. Is the grill polished alum? And is it made to last? Thanks
The grill itself is definitly made out of quality materials that look like they will last a lifetime with proper care, however, I can't exactly verify that being that I've only had the grill for about a month or so. As others have mentioned I saw it on the SEMA dakota from CarDomain. I then saw the grill advertised on eBay from the manufacturer, Mr. Grille. But after reading the feedback of Mr. Grille I saw that there were a lot of people saying they did not respond to emails, which I found out was true also from experience. So I called up Mr. Grille and spoke with one of the guys there and he said they would make the grill for me and well, now I have it. So yes I copied someone else on the grill, but i don't care cause I think my truck looks awesome now, and I get lots of compliments on it. I do however, not like that my engine is a running hotter now, its only some of the time, but it has been really hot here lately 90+ and I have to check to see if the coolant is low, my oil is also due for a change in another 400 miles, after that I'll see if it still is running a little warmer than usual. I belive the grill is aluminum billet that is polished and then clear anodized. I would call up Mr. Grille and talk with them before you consider purchasing this grill. I think they've only sold two or three of these besides mine, from what I remember the guy telling me on the phone.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
graythang
Record Breaker

So if youndon't mind me asking, how much was it?

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 AM
blackdak06
Professional

I don't mind you asking at all, please ask any and all questions, that's why we're all here! The grill, with shipping, cost me $234. It was a bit pricey, but to me it gives my truck some character and the difference just the grill alone makes to my truck is incredible, I think. This is the first truck I've ever owned and the first time I've really gotten so into customizing a truck to make it mine. Let me know if you have any questions, and keep us posted with your decision!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:31 PM
blackdak06
Professional

I just looked at them again, I think the Titan would be better on a lowered truck, and I want my truck higher not lower, so I think i'l start saving for the Goliath, and I think i'll go with the 18" rather than the 20", I don't want to worry about the rims too much if I take it off the pavement a little bit.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check these out, I want to get them for mine eventually, maybe different centercaps though.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 AM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yeah those are nice... maybe you should see if you can get the Dodge logo center caps... there a lil' too light for me..

Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM
blackdak06
Professional

Those are sweet, I've seen them before. I'd like a little more chrome personally.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

I think they make those in chrome, I just have a thing for black rims, lol.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
blackdak06
Professional

I'm not saying I don't like black rims, I want to get black rims for my truck too, I just like black rims with some chrome in them, I like the contrast. I'm not usually a fan of the totally chromed out rims, they're too ordinary at this point in my opinion...

Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Altair
Dak attack!

Ah, you may like these then, Moto Metal 951B:

Quick Reply: Truck Rim Viewer