3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Noise Update

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:23 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise Update

Okay everyone so I took my truck in and the first time:"We can't recreate the noise"

Second time I take up when its making the noise and they have me show the Tech... he hears the noise... so I make an appointment...

Take my truck up for the appointment... drive around in a Caliber for a day (thank god I didn't get that like I was going to) and then they say "We can't recreate the noise" but on the bright side when they were trying to figure out what might have been causing the noise they found that I had bad sway bar links and replaced those... so I'm going to give up on the noise for now...

but I heard it again today... so IDK what it is but W/E... atleast until it gets alot worse...

Old 08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Noise Update

Come visit me, I'll show you a few routes to drive (like the way I used to use to go to work but I don't wanna blow my driver side shock too, lol). You'll have that noise goin constant in no time

Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
DakSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noise Update

I had a front noise as well, and I just took my truck into the dealership and they replaced the front sway bar links and also noticed the right front upper strut mount was a little loose. They tightened it up and the noise is gone. Get your dealership to check those mounts...might fix your problem.

Quick Reply: Noise Update