3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

air filter not connected

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:24 AM
utexasrick
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air filter not connected

So today I was changing the oil and decided to clean the k&n filter, when I went to take it off I found it not connected to the intake hose. Afoam hose which I don't know what its for was blocking the gap so you couldn't really tell. Now I'm really hating myself for not checking it earlier.So I have had the truck for two months now put around 2k miles on it, but who knows since when its been like this. The truck runs fine no problems, hopefully nothing will happen. are there any precautions I should take? and what could that foam hose be? it seems as thought it was connected to the old intake before the k&n fipk.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: air filter not connected

ORIGINAL: utexasrick

So today I was changing the oil and decided to clean the k&n filter, when I went to take it off I found it not connected to the intake hose. Afoam hose which I don't know what its for was blocking the gap so you couldn't really tell. Now I'm really hating myself for not checking it earlier.So I have had the truck for two months now put around 2k miles on it, but who knows since when its been like this. The truck runs fine no problems, hopefully nothing will happen. are there any precautions I should take? and what could that foam hose be? it seems as thought it was connected to the old intake before the k&n fipk.
Foam Hose?? There is foam trim piece where the stock air intake connected to in the fenderwall, could that be it....
As far as any damage, so long as you have not been off-roading or in really dusty areas, there is not too much of a concern of sucking anything dangerous.
Over the winter I had noticed that the tuck was sounding louder. I finally lifted thehood, andnoticed that the filter had fallen off the intake tube!! apparently the cold made the rubber contract and it just slid off...

Quick Reply: air filter not connected