3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

radio wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default radio wiring?

Im DYING on the self radio install... i had a kenwood hooked up...and i just bought an alpine...and i thought it would plug into the existing harness....NOT. so i was gonna just use the new harness and switch the old wires to it but...they are NEW colors in the alpine one... i downloaded the alpine wiring diagram but that doesnt help as far as...which dakota wires they go to... so anyone know?

Old 09-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: radio wiring?

ORIGINAL: trucky

Im DYING on the self radio install... i had a kenwood hooked up...and i just bought an alpine...and i thought it would plug into the existing harness....NOT. so i was gonna just use the new harness and switch the old wires to it but...they are NEW colors in the alpine one... i downloaded the alpine wiring diagram but that doesnt help as far as...which dakota wires they go to... so anyone know?
Ok is the kenwood wired right into the factory wires or is it wired to a plug that plugs into the factory wiring? If it's the second case (which hopefully it is) you would wire the wires on the alpine to the corresponding wires for the universal plug (going by the function listed on the wiring diagrams, not by color). Feel free to hit me up on AIM if you have any questions, I'm no professional installer but I've done my fair share of audio work on mine and parent's vehicles. Screenname is AltairDusk, I always have an away message up so just ignore that.

Quick Reply: radio wiring?