3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

tonneau cover question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
mont
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tonneau cover question

Hi --new to forum --
Just got a 2006 Q-cab with an over the rail bed liner.My questions are :
1. do they make a tonneau to go over the liner?
2. what is the best bang for the buck cover?

great forum ---with a lot of good info---thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: tonneau cover question

I believe most tonneau's will go on over the liner, I could be wrong but I don't see why they wouldn't. Best bang for the buck partially depends on what you're looking for, you just want something to cover the bed or you want something that locks and is secure too?

Old 11-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

also, do you want best bang for the buck hard or soft tonneau? will it be removed once in a while or remain stationary?

honestly, ive had a lot of experiance with tonneaus/caps and you get what you pay for im most cases. ill never buy anything other than leer after having this paticular top. ive personally had century, and have friends with a.r.e. ect and so on. you wont catch me with anything else

Old 11-08-2007, 03:18 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

I'm a cap/topper user myself, and have had Leer and Century and friends have had A.R.E....in my area, A.R.E. is the most expensive, but you do get what you pay for. My Leer was crap and I'd never buy one again. Century is a bit cheaper, but is doing a nice job on my truck..I've been really very happy with it. Again, for tonneau's it might be different, but for toppers, I just didn't like my Leer...it never fit right and didn't seem to hold up well.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: mb18

I'm a cap/topper user myself, and have had Leer and Century and friends have had A.R.E....in my area, A.R.E. is the most expensive, but you do get what you pay for. My Leer was crap and I'd never buy one again. Century is a bit cheaper, but is doing a nice job on my truck..I've been really very happy with it. Again, for tonneau's it might be different, but for toppers, I just didn't like my Leer...it never fit right and didn't seem to hold up well.
you see, it goes both ways and everyone has their own opinion. my dad has a century cap and my cousin has a leer cap. my dad stating "i should have gotten one like yours" last winter when my cousin drove down from PA for rifle season says it all. but like i said, its opinionated

Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

i want my fiberglass cover!!! too much money!!

Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

my fiberglass cover was 1100.00 installed. also i received a free bed rug with the deal. cover was suppose to be here in 2 weeks but after 5 weeks and some complaing i got the job done

Old 11-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

I had an Extang Blackmax, but my needs changed so looked into Leer and A.R.E.
I gottheA.R.E 'Z' series top because the Leer dealer was an idiot and pissed me off...anyway, I also added the eletric pop'n'lock to secure the tail.

100_2178.jpg

Old 11-09-2007, 08:14 AM
mb18
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

you see, it goes both ways and everyone has their own opinion. my dad has a century cap and my cousin has a leer cap. my dad stating "i should have gotten one like yours" last winter when my cousin drove down from PA for rifle season says it all. but like i said, its opinionated
Agreed. It is really opinionated. My advice: Go with what you like, and you'll be happy. We can give ya some suggestions at some companies to look at, but go with what ya like.

Quick Reply: tonneau cover question