3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Round 3!!! Gettin Better Everyday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM
pack154
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Round 3!!! Gettin Better Everyday!

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner
I know it's a hobby and I've got hobbies as well(Flyfishing) along with taking care of my truck But the pics are a bit much andthe time wasted could be spent elsewhere.

its called a hobby, and thats also the reason none of your vehicles will be featured nation wide in magazines or calendars (like my hawk) and hopefully world wide next year

reminds me of the movie troy

"i wouldnt want to fight a man as large as he"
"thats why noone will remember your name"

well guess what, i dont recognize your name

OH SNAP!!!! PWND!!!

Old 11-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

im just givin you a hard time, but to each their own. i have other hobbies as well, take this as an example. tomorrow-monday night i will be in the woods whether i get a deer or not.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
pack154
Professional

I'm just given you a hard time as well. By-the-way, nice truck. Good luck getting that deer.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

lol appreciate it. its always fun goin after a certian one. any given day at our lease you can pass up 20-30 doe and 5 or more buck, but when we got the lease, it was shot to ****. they shot everything, and tried to get what would have been the new state record mounted, without ever checking it in and not durring the season. they got charged with poaching and we picked up the lease. that was 7 years ago. now there are trophy buck everywhere. muzzleloading i had an awesome experiance. i dont normally ground hunt under a tree, but i moved out to a point on our 80 acre winter wheat field just to watch (wasnt really careing if anything came by except this certian guy, which had been seen not long ago on the other side of the lease)...anyway, i had a nice 8 pointer with a nice 22-24 in spread come out. a doe walked out 20 yards to my left, cutting in front of me heading towards him. he would have been a good 150 dressed out. anyway, they mingle for a little, (starting to get dusk) and he starts to head my way from 3-400 yards out. im under this huge tree at a point and have some cover in front of me. he starts headin towards me, and before i know it, hest 50 yards out, then 40 then 30 and so on. im thinkin, this guy is gunna walk right on top of me. soon enough, he is close enough that i can smell him, and if i reached out, i would have literally touched his snout. he didnt see me bc of the brush, and didnt smell me (wind was goin to him, but i use sentlok everything, detergent, soap, and the whole 9 yards)....once he got close enough to see over the brush, i could literally touch his snout if i tried. he stood for at least 30 seconds, jsut looking, i held my breath, just taking it in, amazed how close he came, and that this prob would never happend again...what a cool memory. that was 2 weekends ago

Old 11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
pack154
Professional

Wow! I bet that was amazing to experience that. I've got a lot of friends that deer hunt but I just haven't gotten into it. I just stick with flyfishing and all.

On another note, I had the muffler shop put the front resonator back on for me. The drone in the cab was annoying. I loved the sound ofthe muffler except the drown. I guess Flowmasters are know for that.

Quick Reply: Round 3!!! Gettin Better Everyday!