3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Brake shudder supposedly fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
mightypizu
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake shudder supposedly fixed

I just had the front end rattle fixed (they replaced sway bar links) as well as the brake shudder (well, I told them I had the shudder and to check TSB 0500405 so what they did isreplace the rear shoes and surface the front rotors). Anyway, I'm not sure about the front end rattle yet but my brakes are MUSH! I can press the brake pedal all the way to the floor. I went back and told them that it feels completely different than it used to but they said it should be fine (typical smoke blowing really).This can't be right! Anyone? Will it work itself out? It feels dangerous.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
AdidasCJ
Veteran
Default RE: Brake shudder supposedly fixed

sounds like if your going stirhg to the floor they didnt bleed the system

Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happened to me when I had some brake work done on my teg before, go back and talk to the manager. I went back to the place I had it done and nicely told him the brakes were mushy and hadn't been bled well, he apologized and had them fix it right off plus he told me he'd cut me a discount next time I went in.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

I had the 0500405 TSB work done at the dealership about 4 months ago. I was made aware through this forum by members who had it done that braking would be slightly softer afterwards. Service manager told me same before the work was started. The work was done and indeed braking was a little softer but not a problem in my opinion. If, in fact as Altair and mightypizu report very mushy(Altair) or pedal all the way to the floor(mightypizu) then it sounds like bleeding was improperly done. Or not at all??
One other thing, however, when the dealership did my TSB work they replaced the entire rear brake assemblies both sides, and both right and left rear axle shafts. Excellent job-problem solved.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
mightypizu
Professional

I might've been mistaken. The invoice saysTSB 0500206 but I can't seem to find that TSB. They only replaced the rear shoes and resurfaced the front rotors. I just tried bleeding them myself (not a bleeding expert but I've done it before) but it still feels a bit mushy. I used a vacuum pump so maybe I'll try it again the good ol' fashion way.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Brake shudder supposedly fixed