3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

3rd gen shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007 | 07:54 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Default RE: 3rd gen shocks

ORIGINAL: luvmydak

How about everybody, and I mean everybody e-mail, call, whatever to Bilstein and get a fire going under these guys that we want their shocks. They seem to be stuck in neutral for months with soon, soon. What's soon? Six months ago it was by year's end, and with a recent call I made to Bilstein, I got the usual "I don't have anETA for your application" B.S. Get after them!
I've gotten the same out of them, roughly the same timeframe for my calls too [&:]. They really need to get on this...

Old 12-05-2007 | 12:53 AM
Racinartist
All Star

Shock warehouse shows 3 part numbers for 05-07 4X4 Dakotas. 58627 911277 71100

Old 12-05-2007 | 07:49 AM
rick4dak
Veteran

Two of those three parts (the two for the front) have been in 'BACKORDER' status since June. It looks like Monroe designedour shocks but never produced any. Probably because of the small market for Dakota stuff.

Old 12-05-2007 | 08:21 PM
ThunderStick
|
Rookie

Well now ladys and gents, I see I've lit a fire under your behinds about this shock problem.

I just hope someone in the aftermarket shock business is reading this stuff and gets off their collective butts to do what is right.

It really sucks that we have to put up with them wimpy "golf cart" shocks the factory put on our trucks this damned long. We're talkin' about four model years now! And nothing!

I've said this in other threads, but I'm really gettin' seasick with this OEM ride.

Just poppin' off again.. any one else as mad as I am?

[:@][:@][:@][:@][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: 3rd gen shocks