3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

airbag light revisited

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 PM
nowick
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag light revisited

after six attempts to fix my airbag light that goes on whenever it feels (original complaint with 1099 miles 36458 on itnow)looks like dodge is going to buy back number two. Well some of you might know that this is my second dakota my first was bought back (05 slt v8 4x4 QC)because of a vibration issue. I have had nothing but crappy luck with this company the service manager is on my side and getting the ball rolling for me dodge rep is coming to meet with us on monday to strighten this out. so it looks like i am either going to get my money back or walk into a new 08. I really have lost all faith in dodge dakotas. what would you do? take the money and run or give them one more shot? for all of you that have had this airbag light you too could have it bought back its a safety concern that they have no choice but to honor (four or more attempts and less than 18,000 from original complaint check you local laws first).

Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Antjmar
Rookie
Default RE: airbag light revisited

Wow that really sucks! At least the service manager is helping you out thats half the battle! We almost have identical trucks, except I dont have the H.O engine! (mines been good so far).In your situation I dont think I would buy another Dakota, especially since the new V8 just came out. If you want to stay with Dodge maybe go for a ram.Just curious, are they giving you what you paid for the car a few years ago or current book value?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
rodslinger
Veteran
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Same thing there. They bought mine back last December for an constant airbag light also. I would get a check engine light thrown in every now and then too...

I didn't replace the truck though as I still had and still enjoy my 00 model. Since I have another kid due around June of next year I'll probably be looking at a 08 quad sport model and finally retire the 00.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Hunterdude

If I was you I'd take the money, run to the nearest Toyota or Nissan dealer and never look back. I'm actually jealous, I wish I could get out of mine that easy.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Lil Blue322
Veteran

when you took it back to the dealership, what did they tell you? My airbag lights come off and on to, seems to be a monthly thing, but neways I took it back and they said they couldn't do anything because the lights weren't on at the time.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:42 PM
Destructicon
Rookie

I've had something of another problem that keeps reoccuring every now and then with my emissions light. First time it happened the truck would not shift over 2500 rpms and kept switching between the two lower gears at a really high paced rate. Took it into the service department and they hooked up the ECM, no codes were found. Tech told me that they call those things "ghosts" but couldnt do anything because a light was not on when I took it in. Happen another time about 2 weeks later, turned engine off and started up again and it was gone. hasn't happened since (4 months ago) and I've been waiting to see if it happens again. Makes me a little worried that its going to crap out the HO i've got and then I have a dead truck.

Quick Reply: airbag light revisited