3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rough Idle...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle...

Ok well I was sitting in the Dak waiting for my sister to come out of the bank when I noticed the truck kinda vibrating. it would be smooth idling then all of the sudden the tach would dip down a little bit (not much, but noticeable), and you would feel the truck kind of shake like it is missing. I don't remember how it was before I put in the 3293's since I don't use the truck much (sister's.) Does anyone elses do that? I know most on here have the 4.7 and not the 3.7 but is this normal? No check engine light is on so I know its not missing, and its idling right at about 850 RPMS.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Racinartist
All Star
Default RE: Rough Idle...

Mine has done that since I boughtit. I just figured it's the nature of the beast. Putting the AirRaid system on seemed to help but I still notice it occasionally. I've only had the 3923's in for a week so I haven't noticed yet ifthe new plugsmade a difference regarding the 'stumbling' issues. Mine is a 6 speed so I don't know what differences there are in the ECU as far as idle speed control, etc.

One thing I have noticed though is a split second of hesitation when I step on the throttle. It's very noticable just sitting at anidle while not driving.It has also done this since I bought the truck almost 37,000 miles ago. Again, I guess I figurethat's the nature of the beast too. Unless anyone here knows what might fix that? I'm ALL ears.

My biggest complaint about this truck is no different than most other people's on here. The suspension is a piece of crap. It clunks, bumpsand rattles like it's about to fall out, and the dealer either says there is nothing wrong with it, or they'll just grease something or replace some bushings wherever, which doesn't help a bit. And I'd be better off withslinkies for shocks than the p.o.s ones that come stock. It was there for two days a week ago for all kinds of stuff and the only thing they said they found in the suspension was replacing the rear sway bar bushings. That helped the rear a little but the front end still feels like it could drop out from under the truck at any time. And god forbid if the tires find a groove in the pavement. You're going where the groove goes. That's always fun!

I get soooooo freaking frsutratedwith Dodge service sometimes. One thing I gotta' give them props for though; they waived my $100 deductible for extended service on this trip. I was 500 miles over the basic 3 year/36000 mile.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Bigboywithav8

Well mine those that to i have the 4.7L and i still have origianl plugs but mine if i dont hit the throtle it will die on me it usually happens when i come to a stop or leave the truck running in park If you read thru other post people have had the same trouble and they all say to take it back to the dealer to get the pcm flashed

Old 12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup that happened to me a few times after I got the truck, mentioned it to the dealer when it was in to have shocks replaced, they flashed the PCM and it hasn't done it since.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:48 PM
02wrangler
Professional

My truck was acting the sane way, it would idle real rough and die at intersections. I took it to the stealership and they ended up replacing the EGR valve. My truck has been fine ever since

Quick Reply: Rough Idle...