DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   3rd Gen Dakota (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota-68/)
-   -   seatbelt chime (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-dakota/138425-seatbelt-chime.html)

02wrangler 12-21-2007 05:02 PM

seatbelt chime

I would like to get ride of that damn seatbelt chime that goes off like crazy everytime I move my truck with out my seatbelt on. I was thinking of cutting the wires that go into the buckle and splicing them together, but I'm not sure if that would work. Other than trial and error anyone know if that would work??

Dusty 12-21-2007 05:16 PM

RE: seatbelt chime

You can disable it without cutting anything. The how-to is in your owners manual. Something about setting the ebrake and buckling your seatbelt so many times with the key on yada yada. It's in there anyway...

VA Dakota 12-21-2007 08:43 PM

Instructions from the 2005 Dodge Dakota Owners manual:

I just disabled mine the other day, so I know it works....:D

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON
or START position. DaimlerChrysler does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Start the engine and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three
times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning
Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unbuckled.

Night_Runner 12-21-2007 09:16 PM

thats EXACTLY what i did, and it works;)

Cadillac15 12-21-2007 10:37 PM

or you could just put your seatbelt on. that stops mine :D

BAdassR/T 12-21-2007 11:45 PM

hahhaa yeah i hate that noise thats the worst chime i have ever heard in a truck

Altair 12-22-2007 01:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

thats EXACTLY what i did, and it works;)
Same here.

wyattc329 12-22-2007 04:29 AM

Same here... down with the damn beep!

patman0323 12-22-2007 11:30 AM

i did it last night and it works like a charm

luvmydak 12-22-2007 03:00 PM

Am I missing something here? The seatbelt is there for your and your passengers safety. Just buckle up and no chime. I can't believe people would hit the road without buckling up.