3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

best holiday gift, post up

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 01:08 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: best holiday gift, post up

ORIGINAL: tuffone20

Altair Can you post a photo of your new Catch-all Xtreme floormats in your truck?, I've been looking at them and thinking about getting them and would like to see what they look like in a Dakota.
Will do once I get them installed, truck is filthy and I want to clean the interior or at least vacuum the floor real good before I put them down

Old 12-26-2007, 01:25 AM
Frenchy
Banned

ORIGINAL: ChadJK

My wife handles our finances, so I never know what's available to spend without clearing it through her first (sucks, but its better than doing bills all year long). Anyway, it's time for me to build a new PC. She ask me how much it would cost so I threw some crazy number at her as if I wanted to build it using the ultimate top of the line components with complete disregard for cost. So, Christmas morning I opened my card and there was a $4,000 check in it for building a new PC and a note that if it wasn't enough to let her know. LOL

3.2 GHZ Intel Pentium 4 Quad Core Extreme CPU, 8 GB RAM,.... ahhhh... now me thinks I'll wander over to NewEgg.com.

Sorry, I'm a geek at heart. I could probably spend more on computing than anyone could ever spend on their truck.

I betcha Jimbo has you beat...

And something about two Macbooks (if jim ever sends mine back!!!) an iMac, a first gen Dell XPS, and a few other small desktop PC's.... makes me kinda a nerd, as well... I think on those things there, I have 11,000 dollars into em?

Old 12-26-2007, 02:01 AM
flyboy1304
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the day off... lol... Last year i got a baby girl.... This year i'm getting my christmas present when i get home... (Body lift and level kit, Rims and tires, line-X) gotta love deployment money.

Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 AM
ChadJK

ORIGINAL: Frenchy
I betcha Jimbo has you beat...

And something about two Macbooks (if jim ever sends mine back!!!) an iMac, a first gen Dell XPS, and a few other small desktop PC's.... makes me kinda a nerd, as well... I think on those things there, I have 11,000 dollars into em?
It adds up. Then again, the average home user doesn't have a gaming PC, productivity PC, mess-around-with-Linux PC, laptop, file server, web server, database server, KVM switch, and that doesn't even include all the peripherals or software licenses. It took my wife a while to learn to cope with our electric bill.

Unlike a truck, in a few years, it will all be obsolete and replaced (except the gaming PC that seems to need replaced yearly, but that's probably just ego). Also, unlike a truck, there's no sponsors to offset costs.

Of course, my family has been using my hand-me-down PCs for years. I don't think my parents have bought a new PC in at least 10 years.

When I get flack about the cost (or space it takes up), then I just say "I'm a software engineer, you wouldn't fault a carpenter for owning a bunch of power tools, so why fault a me for owning a bunch of computer hardware?" Either that, or I wait for her to go do something like buy a Burberry purse and then when she complains about my buying a new piece of hardware I can just go "True, it was expensive, but much more practical than a $400 purse." Or the ultimate trump, "You think this costs a lot? Would you like to discuss your student loans from law school?"

First kid is on the way in about 6 months, so I might as well live it up now.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Frenchy
Banned

HAhahaha......

I like that.....

Old 12-26-2007, 09:04 AM
studlyblueiz
Veteran

I finally got my SPAL controller for the fan. Pretty nice looking too. And a little spending money that'll go to Fastman TB.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i could easily spend 4k on a new PC, i could easily spend 9-10K ona new pc i think im the biggest geek here, i did not pay for any of the parts on my system. i got them all as other peoples throw aways and put htem together, not really a gaming pc but it runs all of my software, except im having trouble getting my illustrator cs3 to activate any suggestions, but it will do until i get my new laptop from the school in july/august(im going to stevens and they giv you a laptop when you start)

and my best gift was probably my ram upgrade(it was the RDRAM that sooooo hard to find) and my favorite was one of those new LED mag lites, the 2 AA ones reallllyyyyy bright

Old 12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Lil Blue322
Veteran

i gots lots of girt cards, but the best present would have to be this sweet firefighters plaque from the boyfriend, and a digital camera from his rents....nuthin for lil blue tho...yet

Old 12-26-2007, 12:36 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

ORIGINAL: ChadJK

My wife handles our finances, so I never know what's available to spend without clearing it through her first (sucks, but its better than doing bills all year long). Anyway, it's time for me to build a new PC. She ask me how much it would cost so I threw some crazy number at her as if I wanted to build it using the ultimate top of the line components with complete disregard for cost. So, Christmas morning I opened my card and there was a $4,000 check in it for building a new PC and a note that if it wasn't enough to let her know. LOL

3.2 GHZ Intel Pentium 4 Quad Core Extreme CPU, 8 GB RAM,.... ahhhh... now me thinks I'll wander over to NewEgg.com.

Sorry, I'm a geek at heart. I could probably spend more on computing than anyone could ever spend on their truck.
I'm with ya there buddy!

Quick Reply: best holiday gift, post up