3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

BF GOODWRENCH MUD TERRAIN, GOT EM?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Jadman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF GOODWRENCH MUD TERRAIN, GOT EM?

Looking at getting some mud terrain 265/75/16.
Does anybody allready own these tires?
how about this size?
If anyone has an opinion on a better mud tire let me know, I need this investment to last for quite a while.

Old 01-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: BF GOODWRENCH MUD TERRAIN, GOT EM?

For one, it is BF GoodRICH! Second of all, will you be doing mostly street driving? If so, I would steer away from a mud tire and go more towards an A/T, the BFG A/T are a great tire. The M/T's will wear quickly on pavement and, depending on where you are at, they will do horrible in the snow and ice.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
BrandonMiller
Professional

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

For one, it is BF GoodRICH! Second of all, will you be doing mostly street driving? If so, I would steer away from a mud tire and go more towards an A/T, the BFG A/T are a great tire. The M/T's will wear quickly on pavement and, depending on where you are at, they will do horrible in the snow and ice.
Mr Mechanic, have you ever ran these tires? I have and they were a LOT nicer riding then the AT's which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I haven't ran them on my dakota but I ran them on my yota and loved them. Got great mileage (never wore em out, traded em with well over 30k and lots of life left), that is the tire I am looking at getting but just can't quite justify with less than 2k on my current stockers.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Jadman
Rookie

Thanks Brandon Miller, I was hoping to hear good news like that.
So nobody else currently runs these tires? I am really wondering if 265/75/16 is going to be a good fit.
If not I guess I will have to act like I am going to buy the tires at big-o so I can test them.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.[sm=nerd.gif]

Old 01-25-2008, 11:29 PM
BrandonMiller
Professional

the only problem I see is that most 16" tires are rated E for the super heavy diesels etc, I'd prefer one rated C - but than again that might be a good thing in our soft suspension trucks. I was eying the BFG 235/85 r16 MT - not sure what to get though..

Old 01-26-2008, 11:45 PM
blkdak246

As you can see, I'm running BFG mud terrains. The size in 255/75/17 and the ride is VERY nice. Obviously not as good as stock, but who cares, I've got the kick butt mud terrains on. You dont buy these for a good ride. As far as lifetime, I've talked to several people who have gotten well over 60,000 on a set. You just have to know how to drive on them. You obviously CANNOT to burnouts with these, and wont be fishtailing on rainy days, so this alone saves tire tread. Dont waste your time with the All Terrains, you'll regret it the moment you hit the thick mud!! Here's the fun you can have with the MT's!!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...6/DSCN2038.jpg

Quick Reply: BF GOODWRENCH MUD TERRAIN, GOT EM?