3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

looking for a full nose mask for my Dak

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008 | 03:51 PM
Legacy
|
Default looking for a full nose mask for my Dak

Ok, I have been through every website I can think of and have had no luck at all finding a full coverage nose mask for my 2007 Dak. I'm looking for something that covers the entire front end including the bumper. I live in Florida and lovebug season will be starting soon. These little paint peelersruinned the front of my Blazer even though I washed the guts off everyday. I don't want the same thing to happen to my new truck. Deflectors aren't enough. (we live off a truck route highway and these bugs fly in huge clouds and aim right for your front end with great accuracy.)

Does anyone have a full mask for their Dak? Where did ya get it? (I even checked autoanything.com and they didn't have anything for a 2007 Dakota.)

Thanks

Old 02-29-2008 | 04:18 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Default RE: looking for a full nose mask for my Dak

http://www.autoanything.com/car-bras...0A2069948.aspx

Old 02-29-2008 | 07:46 PM
Legacy
|

Thanks Frenchy! I saw that one earlier todayand called to get some info on it. Spoke with Edgar (at least it sounded likehe said Edgar)at autoanything who said "These are really made for cars...the truck bras don't always come with the coverage over the bumper and I don't know if it would cover the bumper or not." He then said "We don't have anything like that to fit your truck." He didn't sound very interested in it from the start so I just let it go. geeze...[:'(] I can't believe how hard it is to find accessories for Dakota's. I guess I could always go for the one that Dodge sells but I have a hard time with the $140. price tag when I see truck bras (For every truck but mine) for no more than $90. Besides, I'm looking for Nerf bars too so I am trying to keep costs reasonable!

Thanks again!

Old 02-29-2008 | 08:43 PM
Jaybird
Rookie

Ok, this one is just slightly cheaper, and there is a pic. Hope this helps:
http://www.partsformydodge.com/PD-82....aspx?MakeID=7

Old 02-29-2008 | 11:19 PM
Legacy
|

Thanks Jaybird! I just found and ordered a Covercraft that will "fill the bill". Looks the same as the official Dodge but without the imprinted "Ram head". That's ok...this one only cost me $90 and it will only be on the truck through lovebug seasons. Now, on with the search for good deals on Nerf bars! lol

Hey, if anyone else is interested in a Dak mask,check out www.carcoverworld.com I found the site by accident but they have lots of stuff.

Quick Reply: looking for a full nose mask for my Dak