3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Nightrunner headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightrunner headlights

OK, I just bought a 2007 Dakota st. I bought this truck as a wreck and I know some of the nightrunner dakota owners do not like the idea of others putting nightrunner parts on a non-nightrunner dakota. Well I would have loved to have bought a nightrunner but I was only 17, now that I am 18 I bought what I could afford. The dealership that I am ordering the parts from to rebuild the front of my truck said that if I can get the last 9 digits of a nightrunner dakota vin# then they can order the nightrunner headlights. They have already done this for the bumper that I want. Please if a nightrunner owner can help me out or someone else that has gotten factory nightrunner headlights I would be very thankful!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Racinartist
All Star
Default RE: Nightrunner headlights

Why would you do that when you can buy the same lights online way cheaper than at the dealer? I just sold mine for $170 which is what we bought them for on a group buy about a month ago.

I don't know if the deal is still going on or not but, if it is, you put in dodgeforum1 at checkout and the shipping is free. If not, it's still only like $215 with shipping. Waaaaay less than the dealership.

http://www.autolights4u.com/index.ph...0e092441336bb8

Old 03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

My trucks not a nr, but it came stock with the nr lights...it was covered under the sport appearance package when I ordered it.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie

Thanks! I did not know I could buy them from the internet. That will save me alot of money.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Baby_Ram

I know some of the nightrunner dakota owners do not like the idea of others putting nightrunner parts on a non-nightrunner dakota.

AFAIK, there is nothing special 'bout the nightrunner dak...all they did was make some cosmetic changes...everything else is the same...

Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Dak_in_Black

ORIGINAL: Baby_Ram

I know some of the nightrunner dakota owners do not like the idea of others putting nightrunner parts on a non-nightrunner dakota.

AFAIK, there is nothing special 'bout the nightrunner dak...all they did was make some cosmetic changes...everything else is the same...
cosmetic inside and out. just like half of every mustang and a lot of other cars. its just like getting the big horn edition ram...there are upgrades just not to the powertrain...you jealous but to each their own

and yes, u can find them online cheaper

Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the hell would night runner owners caaaaaare if you got the headlamps?

Thats childish talk, if you ask me..

Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

I bought aftermarket nightrunner style fixtures on ebay. They have the clear corners (no amber in the fixtures). I love them, look and operate the same as the night runners, were I think $160 for a pair of them, and yeah fit right in where your old ones go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Dak_in_Black
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Night_Runner

...you jealous but to each their own
Moi? Not hardly...

Like you said, if there had been any differences to the powertrain, then quite possibly I would be jealous...IMHO the 'upgrades' provided to the nightrunner don't support the added cost

Putting a nice dress on a pig does not change the fact that it is still a pig...and that goes for anything. Companies spend a small amount of money on cosmetic cahnges and then charge you an arm and a leg for them...

Quick Reply: Nightrunner headlights