3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Debris from vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
umtigerfan1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debris from vent

I have a problem with grass, dust, and other debris blowing from my vents when using fresh air settings. Is there a way to add a filter or something?

Old 03-25-2008, 06:28 PM
SilverGhost1
All Star
Default RE: Debris from vent

the only thing I would suggest is see if the dealer can replace the ventilation system filter with a HEPA filter (if they make one).

Old 03-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: umtigerfan1

I have a problem with grass, dust, and other debris blowing from my vents when using fresh air settings. Is there a way to add a filter or something?
Is this all the time or only when driving through areas with a lot of debris in the air? My dad has had a similar problem on his Ram, believe it or not some creature got into the system a built a nest in the blower box in the passenger footwell. May want to check that, it's only a small possibility but I never believed it was possible till we opened his...

Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM
umtigerfan1

I first noticed this last year when hauling dead grass in the bed, the cab had gotten a lot blown on it while loading. This weekend my neighbor mowed and it was windy, covering my truck with grass and dust. Same thing, lots of grass clippings blowing from my vents. Where is the filter located? Maybe it is full.

Quick Reply: Debris from vent