3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

lost the front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 12:43 PM
drivelineman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost the front end

wanna hear a good one i was out in the hills here 4x4in i went to climb a hill in 4low i got half way up and the front diff snapped right out from under the truck has anyone had that problem ? the dealer found out that it was bad metal brackets that hold the diff to the block one faild then the rest did to i hope this helps with the i better look at my front end lol ive had so many hills climbed in other dodges i have never seen this and have never lost anything that had to do with the 4 wheel drive or power trian is so odd for that to happen

Old 04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Default RE: lost the front end

You HAVE to post pictures of that!

Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 PM
LB
Veteran

My thoughts exactly, PIC's! WOW HOLY $hit!

It would be great if you can get pics of BOTH the original and the new brackets to see if they are heavier duty.

Do you have a leveling kit on? if so which one and how is it installed? Compressing the spring or on top of the strut?

Thanks,
LB

Old 05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
drivelineman

it happend around a month and a half ago i was to drunk and pissed off for pics lol but the front end and everything else is stock besides my pipe and cold air the dealer concluded it was a weak bracket that caused it but they did report it to dodge but i havent heard anything on the recall they had the truck for 11 days just to do that the dealers here suck and the people that work for them are all retards ... here is an exapmle my dad took his hemi there cause it was running crapy and the dealer told him his motor was blown my dad went up and changed the spark plugs and it was fine .. lol true stuff i have more dealership stories for chevy and ford but i only like dodge so

Quick Reply: lost the front end