3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

What did your exhaust cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:08 AM
baracis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ericemery
F R E E that spells free, Muffler delete for me BABY!

I did mine myself with 5 feet of scrap exhaust pipe from a buddies shop...

Removed the muffler and cab side reso...
BTW, I like the play on the free credit report.com song. Pretty funny. NOW BRING ME A SOUND CLIP YOU INSOLENT BASTARD!!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:20 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn 350s kinda pricey...I was just quoted at 90-100 for an Magnaflow Muffler install and rear resonator delete and 200 for catbacks. The Muffler install and the resonator delete will be completed on this Friday. I know I can do the work myself, but I am feeling lazy...and why crawl under the truck and get dirty, plus if it is phucked up, I can beach at someone then Ill make sure I post a thread with the results

Old 08-26-2008, 09:45 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$150 out the door installed for mine and that's counting the $30 tip I bought on ebay. Had my favorite local exhaust guy rip out the stock muffler and both resonators then install a Cherry Bomb Vortex muffler with a dual tip exiting in front of the passenger rear tire.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:55 AM
baracis
Record Breaker

Can anyone link sound clips or vids that I could hear. I'm just gonna do it myself I think. Haven't decided 100% what to go with yet.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 AM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Altair, did you have to get a new cat installed? I havent looked fully at the stock exhaust

Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Originally Posted by baracis
Looking at a cat back sytem with 40 series flowmaster. The shop says it'll cost $350. I paid $220 in Indiana on my ram. Is $350 too much?

**Edit** Oh yea, and he says he can't mess with the Y pipe at all or it'll mess up my emissions...

**2nd Edit** Anyone increased their pipe size from 2.5 to 3 inches?
$350? Single I assume? If so, for this area I am in, that is just below average. If that is for dual, it is a steal.

Now before any raises the BS flag on me, remember that I live in NJ. Right smack in the middle of NYC and Philly. Nothing here is "cheap". I see prices from other parts of the country and say to myself "how lucky you are". Parts are close to the same price, Ebay help there. Thing is labor is what kills you. A length of 2.5" pipe (8') here goes for more than $40 in mild steel. Not even aluminized.

About the Y-pipe, touch it and your powertrain warranty is gone. That is unless your dealer "works with you" on things.

Mine is cut after the cats, they are opened up to 2.5" Dual system 2.5 all the way back.

I have plenty of info in my posts, just too lazy right now to look them up and get links.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJJer

About the Y-pipe, touch it and your powertrain warranty is gone. That is unless your dealer "works with you" on things.
Shouldn't be, my dealer told me that as long as I don't modify anything in front of the cats or the cats themselves it doesn't do anything to the warranty. Seems rather asinine if some dealers void it for changing the y-pipe...

Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

My warranty is gone anyways. $350 is for dual. But I'm not paying that...might pay something for the 2.5" after the cats tho...

Old 08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
NJJer
Veteran

Originally Posted by Altair
Shouldn't be, my dealer told me that as long as I don't modify anything in front of the cats or the cats themselves it doesn't do anything to the warranty. Seems rather asinine if some dealers void it for changing the y-pipe...
When all is said and done, Ma MOPAR says what and what is not under warranty.

Since the cats and O2's are part of the Y-pipe (IE one piece) is falls under not only the factory warranty, but the Emissions warranty (put in place by the Govn).

As I have stated before, and have verified this with higher ups, modify the Y-pipe and the warranty is gone*.

* Unless your dealer will "work with you*. (That would not only be f'n the manufacturer, it would also be illegal.)

Old 08-26-2008, 09:21 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

i paid 425 for my magnaflow stainless steel duals out the back plus 200 for install which i could have done my self just was too lazy........

Quick Reply: What did your exhaust cost?