3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Failed guage back-lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 12:15 PM
cawalke3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed guage back-lighting

The back-lighting for the gauges on my 06 Dak recently went off, making driving at night a little too exciting. The icon lights (door ajar, check engine, ect.) still work but neither the gauges nor needles are illuminated. I tried to locate the fuse but had no luck finding one for the display. Does anyone know which circuit this is on, or am I looking at a bigger problem? Thanks for the help.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
wyattc329
Veteran

as memory serves me i dont think there is a fuse for it....

I agree with ericemery... check the dimmer, sounds dumb, but always check the dumb stuff first! first step in military troubleshooting!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:16 PM
baracis
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by wyattc329
always check the dumb stuff first! first step in military troubleshooting!
No the first step is **** it up or break it.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:27 AM
neotrode

Hello All,

I am reviving this post as it is exactly the same issue for me.
She's an '06 (with a 4.7L). Just got her yesterday and signed up to the forum today.

My issue: The gauges glow mint green (but not that strong). All the digits and needles remain black (not illuminated).

I just picked up this truck so I am not familiar with whether the glow is at least the right level or needs to be brighter as well.

I have to imagine the needles and digits are to light up. The stereo illuminates the controls just fine and so does the climate controls. The dimmer switch dims the gauge backgrounds but that is it.

Any ideas where to begin? I doubt its the fuse since the other lights (stereo and climate control) illuminate and so does the dome lights.

Appreciate any help here.

Quick Reply: Failed guage back-lighting