3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

double din???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:25 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

5KF61XZAAB - Premium Bezel
5KN37DX9AA - Highline Bezel
5JH41DX9AC - Lowline Bezel

These are out of the Dakota Parts manual, it doesnt say if they are the woodgrain, nav ready, or aluminum appearing, just the Premium, Highline, and Lowline. I would assume the Premium is the Nav Ready, Highline is the Aluminum, and Lowline is the Woodgrain, although assuming makes and *** outa U and ME. Just guessing though. Hope this helps some!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:56 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would rather go buy the bezel instead of waisting time cutting and figuring out mount holes. i think there is a tweeter store here in vegas. hey altair, that is pretty much what i want to do. but i dont know about the mygig thing. my dads new jeep came with it. its nice but it wouldnt play dvds. is there an addon or some software you got to get for the dvd function?

oh yea does the tweeter store carry the double din install kit or the bezel? or what?

thanks everyone for your help. i cant wait to get a touch screen to compliment my polk db components i just put in.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:18 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

The mygig is probably blocked the video playback feature, which with some new software upgrades and addons that elminate that, or you arent in park

Old 09-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His mygig should play dvd's in park at least (unless your dealership are jerks and disabled it). I used a MyGIG Lockpick adapter to install mine which includes the MyGIG Lockpick product. It unlocks all the functionality of the MyGIG including watching DVD's while driving if you want to (nice for traffic jams but I don't recommend it for higher speeds ). Coastal Electronics Technology sells it, if he wanted to unlock his he could just buy and install the lockpick product. In the case of the MyGIG unit it attaches to the factory mounting points behind the bezel (very securely I might add) so all that is necessary is cutting the bezel or getting one that fits it to begin with. I was in a hurry when I cut mine so it's not perfect right now but I'm planning to paint it anyway so I'll fix that when I paint.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:11 PM
xx1479
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lghtngblt02,

Did you purchase a parts manual or did you download one. I have the service manual. If you have an electronic copy could you make it available for download?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

I do have the dled copy back when it was available I snagged it.
Let me get back to you on making it available. Its way to large to send it email.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yea i bet its a "steal"ership lockout. becuase i was in park and pulled the e-brake tryin to say hey dad look what this can do....nothing. but i did read up on the mygig lockpick. looks like a good father's day gift.

so your saying the mounts for the unit themselves are already there? i just need to trim the bezel. all i was really concerned with was mounting....now would a double din touch screen from another company mount up the same as a mygig unit?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably not, as a matter of fact you should check the space behind there and make sure a double din will fit before buying one, the plastic is shaped tightly around the radio, when you pull the bezel off you'll see what I mean.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Growlor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altair: What is that to the left of your cig lighter?

I can't make it out from the picture, but on my truck there is just a little cubby-hole there. I know I've been wishing for a "factory fit" trailer brake controller to go there, so I got excited when I saw what might be one in your picture.
Now that I look at it, it must be something else (but I can still wish!)

Old 09-19-2008, 10:52 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator

I am not Altair, bit what you are seeing I believe is the passenger airbag lockout switch

Quick Reply: double din???