3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

replacement wheel question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
mygurlsdakota07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I (of my girlfriend rather) has an '07 Dakota with the 18" wheels. She wants winter wheels and A/T or snow tires so I wanted to know what other OEM wheels will fit on the '07 Dakota? I know Dakota wheels should match the Durango/Aspen but what about Ram??? If there were 16" or 17" Ram wheel that had the correct offset, that would help broaden my chances of finding a set of wheels for a descent price. I was looking for stampped Durango wheel cover wheels but the guy only had 3. Still need tires and I was thinking about the Yokohoma Geolandar A/T-S. They have good reviews and look like a nice tire. Any input on good snow and rain tires. She lives in Erie, PA and they get hammered with a couple of feet of snow till that lake freezes. Thanks a lot.

I am sure I will have more questions later since her truck is making some humming noise after the wheel bearing went bad but it was replaced so its something else now! I know its covered under warranty but seems like new trucks are not built like they used to be. I have an 06 GMC Sierra and its just as big a headache with noises and squeaks! I have an '84 GMC that has no noises or rattles. Thats just me complaining. Thanks for the help on the rim question.

Last edited by ericemery; 10-21-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: cleaningn up the thread, removing double posts
Old 10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Baby_Ram
Rookie

Well as far as wheels go the ram 1500 wheels will fit. On 2005 and up dakotas they started using the big 5 lug bolt pattern used on the fullsized truck. I have a set of 2003 17" ram wheels and they fit great. I got them and new michelin tires for it and only paid $500, so you just gotta look.

Last edited by Baby_Ram; 10-29-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
sawfish
Professional

If you increase/decrease the overall tire diameter, do you have to make any changes to the computer?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Well you have to get the speedo recalibrated, so in essence yeah you have to get the computer reprogrammed for it. i mean you dont have to but your speedo maybe off by +/- 5 mph

Quick Reply: replacement wheel question