3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

need info....

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:58 PM
coondog05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need info....

does the resistor in the transgo kit need to be removed when using the superchips programmer? some say yes some say no! im confused...as usual!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM
LB
Veteran

That would be a good call to Tech support at Transgo. I know the last page of my instructions on installing the resistor says to skip it if you have a "programmer". I think some programmers affect the trans more than others, and the SC 3815 does not do much for our 4.7/545RFE combo (yet, hopefully more features will be added soon) so it may not be an issue currently.

Let us know what you find or I will call them.

LB

Old 12-09-2008, 02:13 PM
coondog05
Veteran

i called transgo and they said if the programmer ups the pressure in the trans to remove the resistor cause that what it does... told me to call S/C and ask if the programmer does that but there not open today for some reason...so i removed it and it shifts harder now so id say its better to let the programer do the tranny stuff than the resistor! having both was smoother in my opinion so think there was a conflict

Quick Reply: need info....