3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Buyer Beware!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware!!

I got my HID's this Christmas from my wife. She not knowing anything about them just followed my link and ordered them. Took 4 weeks (almost missed Christmas) to be delivered and they NEVER responded to any emails asking about them. Well, I got them and they are crap. Wires are very brittle and the plastic coating is cracking. The hi/lo didn't work first time I installed them and not sure if they were faulty or the crappy wires had a short and didn't allow them to switch. Then the passenger side light went out. (again wire related?) Now with all this, I went to thir site for help (yea right!) and not one of my 10 emails have been responded to in the past 2 weeks. In the manual, there is NO contact information. Warrenty card has no place to mail too and no phone number or contact information. The site is in Hong Kong. I attempted to put in a paypal claim today and paypal says this type of transaction cannot be disputed. So here I am now with 150.00 worth of crap and no support. I am going to try to salvage them and fix the exposed wires along with the broken ground wire. I am going to extend some of the wiring so that I can mount them in places under the hood that I have room in. HIDSTORES.COM is a rip off, They take your money and send you crap and you cannot contact them for warrenty or help. Site says they have online help but you cannot find it! If yo are looking for Lights DO NOT use HIDSTORES.COM If you do, hope you don't ever need to contact them.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if it is bought through ebay, than they can dispute the charge. or get intouch with your credit card company and file a complaint with them. thats one of the reason ebay has the feed back .alot of people were getting screwed by dealers. now paypal wont release the money until a positive feed back has been made. or any type of feed back

Old 01-10-2009, 03:17 PM
paul05dak
Record Breaker

no, was directly from their online store. Wife doesn't like Ebay. This could be a good example for her to LIKE to use Ebay! I am having her contact her credit card Co now. THanks. Just wanted to get the word out about this site and how crappy they really are.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

If you want quality HIDs, Xenon-Vision is really good, though they are $250/pair they are superb quality. I also have HID4U (ebay name) lights as my fogs and headlights. $80/pair and also are very well made lights.

I personally wouldn't go with any of the dual beam HID kits only because it's dual lightbulbs, which can lead to design flaws in that you're stuffing 2 bulbs in a place made for only one.

If your wife bought with a MasterCard I'm sure they'll get you your money back. They've been good to my dad in the past, especially when home depot went to change out our counters, and 2 months later all we had were plywood counter tops and a gaping hole in the kitchen wall....

Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM
DodgesForLife24
Banned

Usually if you go to your credit card company they take care of it right away. If your credit card company has a website where you can look up your accounts on there well usually they have a "dispute this transaction" button. Definitely call the credit card company and tell them what happened. you will get your money back, you have too. If the credit card company doesn't work, try calling customer service at Ebay. you'll find a way to get your money back. don't give up.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware!!