3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Pretty pissed off...(and service contract ?)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
bforce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ibcnul8r
There was also a service bulletin for your Torque Converter for that year, and model.

I don't know if this is your problem, but it may be worth a try getting this fixed for free through Chrysler.
All service bulletins are up to date. It was the first thing I did when I got it.

All this is covered by warranty so we are not paying a dime. I'm just was not satisfied on how the dealership was handling the situation. All we wanted was a courtesy car if the repair was going to take a week (as we were first told). They did manage to expedite the process so I can't complain about that.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
ibcnul8r
Professional

I just hope everything works out for you and the wife. Especially the wife. I like to make sure my wife is always safe when driving one of the vehicles.

Good luck to ya.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
flyboy1304
Veteran

interesting... I havent had any issues at all with my Dakota...(knock on wood) I just broke 37,000 mi.... hope everything is fixed soon

Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
bforce

Ahh still waiting, been there for a week now. The service manager is trying to tell me the mechanic is having problems aligning the transfer case now... BS. I know they are pulling him off to lubes and such, we all know there ain't no money in warranty work. Im starting to get really angry now. I've let the woman deal with him to avoid any outbursts that I may have....He says it should be done by 2pm today, (after he said it should be done yesterday morning) Damn i will be there right at 2. My *** kicking shoes will be on...

Quick Reply: Pretty pissed off...(and service contract ?)