3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Upcoming Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:02 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where the hell did u get that? and how much

Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 PM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by ericemery
I really hope you dont plan on putting over 300 watts to that 10w1v3...

it will go boom... I have watched it happen thrice.
I do have a really nice new sony XM-gtr2022, its a 500 watt RMS amplifier and its the newer styling with all black polished case and silver accents. Got it at the circuit city going out of business sale for 100 bucks. Saved 150 off retail. Its really more amp than I need but I can turn the gain back. I wish I had something with a little less power and smaller foot print but it will work just fine! They are really great quality unlike past Xplode stuff. Oh and the JL is warrantied against failure so if I blow it within the year I will get a new one. But I am not worried I have other subs laying around in the garage if it goes after the warranty. I will just keep the gain back.

Originally Posted by ericemery
it looks like a truck box in the .35cu range. The sub is a JL 10W1...

It should fit... but I would fill it with poly fill... the size is going to kill the volume.

(but it will be tight and provide a decent punch.)
eric you hit the nail on the head. Its a custom truck box built to the dimensions of the MTX enclosure but with less volume due to the materials and not fitting over the rear hinge. Its exactly .35 with the woofer diplacement figured in as well. I dont remember what the outter dimensions are exactly but I do remeber for it to fit the bottom angle has to be no furthur then 7.5 inches deep to slide behind the seat.

Secondly the subwoofer is designed for a box twice the size but there are three box sized the 10w1v2 can do... : .3 for tight bass, .65 for regular bass, and .9 for boomy bass. I prefer the first anyway and the box is poly filled. I would have done a 10W3 but it was too much depth for the box. I was really impressed when I hooked it up in the store for an audition. JL by far is the best sounding speaker in any box that I have ever heard. Even their cheaper w1 series has 300 watts RMS power handling. That is awesome!

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
where the hell did u get that? and how much
Local audio store, box was 40 bucks. And 125 for the speaker and warranty! I over paid for the speaker but I wanted to make sure I was good if i blew it up with the oversized amp. I found the 10W1V2 online for 80 bucks if you want to go that route.

Last edited by dakolorado; 02-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nooo it wasn't a smart *** answer, you said a custom subwoofer...

I thought you were having JL make you one...

So in theory, your post should read a JL Audio 10W1V2 in a custom box...

That would clarify a LOT.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:12 PM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Nooo it wasn't a smart *** answer, you said a custom subwoofer...

I thought you were having JL make you one...

So in theory, your post should read a JL Audio 10W1V2 in a custom box...

That would clarify a LOT.
My apologies, I think I clarified a lot in 2 threads up.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

...so I kind of feel like the only one who is modding their truck for off-roading. Where are all the off-roading enthusiasts?

Actually, some of the mods that are for the pavement pounders actually appeal to me. I would like to gain a little more power from the 3.7L, such as the FM TB, K&N intake, and the electric fan...

But, before I do some of these...I think I am going to get a Warn 9000lb winch fabbed up behind the factory bumper cover. The goal is to get a similar location as the 05+ power wagons.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 PM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
...so I kind of feel like the only one who is modding their truck for off-roading. Where are all the off-roading enthusiasts?

Actually, some of the mods that are for the pavement pounders actually appeal to me. I would like to gain a little more power from the 3.7L, such as the FM TB, K&N intake, and the electric fan...

But, before I do some of these...I think I am going to get a Warn 9000lb winch fabbed up behind the factory bumper cover. The goal is to get a similar location as the 05+ power wagons.
Hello!!! MCFLY, MCFLY (knocks on head)

Dude did you look at my post on the previous page. I have all kinds of lift going on my truck and 33 inch muds. Gonna do a few other things that may suprise you if I can get my hands on my buddies welder again. I wish I had the cash to buy one... Anywho. I also want skid plates and more off road goodies. DONT fret my friend, look at my pics of my previous dak in my PROFILE ALBUMS!!! That thing was a rock crawler and this thing will be just as good if not better.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

....whadar you lookin' at butthead? Haha...

Ah, I retract my question. Well, just so you know...since I happen to work at a race shop...and have access to all types of material, TIG welders, etc...the next custom fabrication mod (doesn't really cost much) will be a set of rock sliders underneath the doors. I imagine I will use 2"x2" reciever hitch material...that we have a plethora of...

Old 02-19-2009, 12:04 AM
dakolorado
Professional

Originally Posted by donkeypunch
....whadar you lookin' at butthead? Haha...

Ah, I retract my question. Well, just so you know...since I happen to work at a race shop...and have access to all types of material, TIG welders, etc...the next custom fabrication mod (doesn't really cost much) will be a set of rock sliders underneath the doors. I imagine I will use 2"x2" reciever hitch material...that we have a plethora of...
If you do make aset of slider build two sets and I will pay for materials, time, and shipping (within reason) That wasnt what I was talking about but since you will have all the measurements go for it. I will need my a bit higher though due to the small body lift I will be doing. 3 inches is way too much for our trucks in my opinion. My last DAK had 3 inch body lift and it just bugged me to see a lot of frame.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Mods