3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Question about Tonneau Cover and Nerf Bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 05:46 PM
MR2 Dad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Tonneau Cover and Nerf Bars

Hi my name is Dennis from Stowe Pennsylvania and I am new to the board. I am looking at tonneau covers and nerf bars for my 2005 Dakota quad cab. I would like to know what your thoughts are with tonneau covers and nerf bars. I prefer the roll up with no snaps tonneau cover and black powder coated nerf bars. Some covers and bars are available while others are not out for the 2005's and also what web sites offer the best deals. Thanks and keep on truckin.

Old 03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
danpfay99
Rookie
Default RE: Question about Tonneau Cover and Nerf Bars

having trouble finding nerf bars myself, but took my extang r/t cover off my 03 & put it right on the 05 perfect fit.

Old 03-19-2005, 01:58 AM
ptschett
Professional

I have an Access tonneau cover from Agri-Cover (only about an hour away from me here in North Dakota!) It seems like a good product. It has velcro fastening along the sides, over an inch wide and angled about 30 degrees from vertical. The only problem I've had with it is that the dealership install person didn't tighten up the clamps properly so it wanted to move a little bit downwards due to the aerodynamic forces and interfere with the tailgate.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
MR2 Dad

I finally found and purchased an Extang Sabre cover. It fits perfect, looks great and was so easy to install. [sm=goodidea.gif] I am looking at the Bully Nerf Bars powder coated black. Does anyone have an opinion on these bars? They are not available yet. Thanks [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 04-13-2005, 02:29 AM
bjrambo

I'm glad you asked these questions. I am new to the forum (but not new to Dodge). The questions you asked were my main reasons for registering for this site.

Quick Reply: Question about Tonneau Cover and Nerf Bars