3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

4.5" lift from Street Ride Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 4.5" lift from Street Ride Pro

Does anyone know anything about this lift kit:

http://streetridepro.com/product_inf...oducts_id=8493

Old 03-20-2009, 06:33 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

never heard of them, but i did check out the site and it has alot of stuff for the truck and the mitsu raider

Old 03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Street Ride Pro is AIM Industries. They don't have a good reputation to say the least, do some research and decide for yourself before ordering anything from them. Personally nothing of theirs will ever touch my truck.

Last edited by Altair; 03-21-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to one of them about buying there upper control arms, they take a bolt in ball joint and will work great with our leveling kits. So, 1, they correct the ball joint angle and 2. you can then buy $40 ball joints instead of replacing entire control arms when the ball joints go.

The guy I spoke to was very helpful, so in the future when I need ball joints I am going to buy there control arms.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:14 PM
mprohr
All Star

This is a great option. Just to confirm, they work well with a 2" spacer kit?. I really hope they do. I will now wait for new 2" lift SprinGs to be released, and install these at the same time....come on aftermarket.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:15 AM
spshultz
Professional

Exactly what needs to be done on our trucks to do a "proper" big suspension lift? Do they need an engine and xfer case/transmission drop? Do the control arms just need to be modified for proper angles? or etc?

It just seems crazy that no one has done one yet (although I do understand that the customer base for Dakota's is probably quite a bit less than the Ram's).

Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Holbrook.Jeremy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a 2wd it's not that hard, lift springs, drop brackets for lca, drop spindle (Not currently in production as far as I know), longer brake lines and then blocks in the rear. Maybe Ram springs or something in the rear for lift (I know explorer's use f150 springs for lift and do a spring over axle conversion). Also a longer drive shaft depending on how high you want to go. 4wd needs more work obviously. Typically it's springs in the front, drop bracket for lca and the axle for proper cv angle, depending on height a longer drive shaft, then all the same stuff in the rear but often 4 wheel drives aren't lifted as high.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by mprohr
This is a great option. Just to confirm, they work well with a 2" spacer kit?. I really hope they do. I will now wait for new 2" lift SprinGs to be released, and install these at the same time....come on aftermarket.
Well I spoke to a person from there website through email, and he was very helpful, said the arms would work perfectly for a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit, and even gave me the moog ball joint part# they use for the arms, its from a chevy truck, he said they were like $40 each, and bolt right onto the new arm and to the dakotas knuckle without issue.

He seemed to know his sh*t about his product.

I mean, with a 2" levleing kit, you can get the alignment into spec with the stock upper arms, so thats not an issue, but I am just saying once my balljoints sh*t the bed, for the long run it would be cheaper to just get the aftermarket arms and from then on out get $40 balljoints, but since the arms correct the angle, they may be the last balljoints i do, since there greasable moogs.

I spoke to coondogo about his balljoints since he has higher miles on his truck and has had the leveling kit for a long time, and he said that he didn't have to do balljoints until around 80,000 miles, which for dodge, doesnt seem out of the ordinary anyway, so I guess the leveling kit doesnt hurt the balljoints that much.

Last edited by MonkeyWrench4000; 03-21-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:49 PM
themoneyshot
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

monkey wrench

which upper control arm did they recommend for the simple leveling kit? and what ball joint number did they give you?

i am currnetly in need of new ball joints and would much rather replace the works. new uppers and ball joints. moog tie rod ends and lower ball as well.

Quick Reply: 4.5" lift from Street Ride Pro