3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

so i went muddin

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:59 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I was gonna comment that the mud looked like good 'ole Georgia red clay, but nevermind, cause I know that no good 'ole boy from Ga. would have messed up your truck like that and ripped you off while it was stuck...

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well literally there are only 2 homes within at least 2 miles. both of which we stopped at to see if they had a tractor to pull us out. the first guy was a dick, and i really wouldnt be surprised if it was him. the 2nd guy was an old vet and i have no reason to suspect it was him. again, the rover was left over night as well, but wasnt broken into. if it wasnt the 1st guy, it had to be some freakin *** who just roams that area. they are all over out in the boondocks around here. and ya its not GA. it happened just west of town in Stillwater, Ok. i go to OSU

Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that really sucks about the break in. People who do that are scum. It's a really crappy feeling seeing your windows busted out and wondering what you're going to find missing or destroyed when you get over to the vehicle. I had some jackass do that to me when I had my Integra, ripped my head unit out of the dash along with half my wiring harness...

Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i just got a call from my dad stating that even though i have "full coverage" the insurance company wont replace anything except for the window and my antenna because the gps/radar and other things werent stock on the vehicle. i say **** them. thats bull ****. anyone care to elaborate? im furious

Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Dinger838
Veteran

i would be too! i dont know much about legalities but i thought if its in the truck its covered??

Old 05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
spshultz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With my insurance policy, if I want insurance on my non-oem audio system, GPS and etc. I have to claim them on the policy. Of course this makes the policy go up in price so I don't claim any of it.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Nocturnal

Originally Posted by ericemery
I have to pay extra for "content coverage"

it covers the contents of the vehicle... its like 25 a month extra...
It's sad but a lot of insurance companies are set up this way. I've always separate insurance policies for the contents of my vehicles. I currently have an "rider" policy thru Allstate that has my contents (non oem stuff) listed as being covered for $2500.

The kicker of the extra isurance is that they depreciate the value of your non oem stuff at a rate of 10% per year. So as your audio equipment and other gadgets age - they lose replacement value. If I had to replace all of my stuff and buy new it would cost over $2500 but since me depreciated value is about $2500 - that's how much insurnace I carry.

All in all is sucks your stuff got stolen. And I hope this post helps.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:00 PM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker

sorry to see that bro.. hope you had fun muddin it looks like you did! oh and on the side note superdak is right F getting my **** dirty i get mad if there dust on it!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:08 AM
wyattc329
Veteran

Originally Posted by Night_Runner
i forgot to post this. last night after i left the car wash i was driving and felt a shudder at higher speeds. it started around 55-60. i thought to myself (maybe some mud is caked on the inside of my wheel and is throwing the wheel balance off) so i went back to the car wash and got it as best as i could. there is still some caked in there. i drove and didnt feel the shake until about 70. slowed down, felt it again around 60. slowed down and it came back at higher speeds. its finals week (i know, only 2 left but i had to blow some steam and relax, thats why i went muddin in the first place). either way, im wondering if my alignment might be off (i suppose it very easily could be) but could my theory also be right? i dont have time until tomorrow evening to jack it up and take the wheels off and give them a good scrub then try it again.
More than likely knocked your alignment out of place, I did last time I went out.

Quick Reply: so i went muddin